Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 00:25   #1
land of hope and glory

Is There Ever Going To Be?

i have been on here for eons now! i have looked through all general chat and this is supposed to be the be all and end all! people are just putting crap on! is it me are or we getting bored? come on you lot we need to keep this alive the threads are so boring, its getting so boring we have lives ! we live all this stuff its world wide! lets liven it up! any suggestions?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2006, 07:13   #2
God Member

Re: Is There Ever Going To Be?

Err its Monday morning and my brain is mush. Can I give a proper reply on Thursday when I eventually wake up.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:25   #3
God Member

Gotta agree with you there staggers but then I am as much to blame as I don't seem to be posting as much and certainly not starting new threads!! Will have to get thinking cap on me thinks

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:52   #4
Give, give, give member

We could do another thread moaning how quite it is.

We all like a good moan.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 13:44   #5
Beacon of light

Well staggers you could always give yourself a break from reading this stuff...or go to some of the other forums and see if theirs are any different!
Or you could post something YOU think is interesting...who knows you might just start a trend.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-04-2006 at 16:22. Reason: typo
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 13:59   #6
God Member

...I think some of the old threads need reviving. Somewhere on page 50 and beyond of "General Chat" are some cracking ones on things such as "How useless women are at shopping"..."why cats deserve to die" etc etc
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 15:37   #7
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
i have been on here for eons now! i have looked through all general chat and this is supposed to be the be all and end all! people are just putting crap on! is it me are or we getting bored? come on you lot we need to keep this alive the threads are so boring, its getting so boring we have lives ! we live all this stuff its world wide! lets liven it up! any suggestions?
I think if someone reads this post and it puts THEM off posting then the site will die. There are some posts that do not interest me...so I don't read them.....there are some forums that don't interest me...I don't visit them....but I don't feel that other people shouldn't get any enjoyment out of them...and I wouldn't dream of being censorious about what is posted. Or call what IS posted, crap.......It is the diversity of this site that makes it attractive. When it loses the diversity then the members will not visit.
Old 10-04-2006, 15:51   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
There are some posts that do not interest me...so I don't read them
Forgive me for asking, but how do you know these posts don't interest you until you have read them ?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 16:46   #9
Beacon of light

If you hover your mouse over the description of the thread, it gives you a bit of the first post...if it doesn't interest me then I don't read any further.

Except.....sometimes if I am bored I will read the posts that don't grab my interest...and I usually find that they don't interest me.
Old 10-04-2006, 18:29   #10
Resting in Peace

Ok .. bet ya' mean me don't ya' OK I'm just a sensitive soul

Threads of similar topics are always bound to crop up periodically, does so on other sites regularly, think this is why people tend to drop off after 12 months or so, but I look at it as always having someone to talk to when alone. 'You never alone with a strand' so to speak.

Also, may I point out that there has always been threads on other sites stating how boring it is getting.

Well, goin' to watch Corrie and maybe later chat if any further development on the Richard Hillman storyline.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:42   #11
I am Banned

you are forgeting one important aspect of this site......its about accrington.
bad breath brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 14:29   #12
Beacon of light

It is about many diverse subjects....Accrington being among them....but it is also aimed at getting opinions and responses from folk who have an allegiance or ties to the Accrington area.
Old 12-04-2006, 15:25   #13
God Member

Got to remember there are things that do not happen in Accy that can have impacts from a small itch to a big bang.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 19:02   #14
Beacon of light

Exactly....well said!
Old 13-04-2006, 18:40   #15
Resting in Peace

Ah well, Staggers since your thread, have had pubic hair and farts: is this what you mean as more interesting ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..