Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2005, 15:00   #1
God Member

Is'nt it funny that.......

Is'nt it funny how everyone wants to be the first to walk on smooth snow. This has sprung to mind because, when I was going to pick the kiddies up from school, there is a field right at the side of it, full off snow that has'nt been walked on. I got this BIG urge to jump the fence and round like an idiot, then I would have been the first to walk on it.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2005, 15:04   #2

Re: Is'nt it funny that.......

yeah i was thinking that last night...walking home from the pub..the snow had fallen and nobody had walked on it...im afraid that i did run and walk all over it!!! my boyf drew smily faces on peeps cars too!!! so if anyone got one..it was probably him!!! lol
Old 24-02-2005, 15:08   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
yeah i was thinking that last night...walking home from the pub..the snow had fallen and nobody had walked on it...im afraid that i did run and walk all over it!!! my boyf drew smily faces on peeps cars too!!! so if anyone got one..it was probably him!!! lol
Yeah it does'nt matter how old or young you are, the snow always brings the Inner child out to play.
The dog got an extra walkies last night just so I could walk in the snow that no-one else had (hence being in my p.j's and slippers) but hey who cares if it's got to be done, it's got to be done.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 15:08   #4
God Member

And another funny thing, why do kids winge they're bored when they can be out there running about on the freshly fallen snow and no one would bat an eyelid, or could be building a snowman!!!
Old 24-02-2005, 15:10   #5

kids eh??? if it doesnt plug in they dont want to know!!! lol
Old 24-02-2005, 15:11   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
And another funny thing, why do kids winge they're bored when they can be out there running about on the freshly fallen snow and no one would bat an eyelid, or could be building a snowman!!!
That's true, my son whinged something terrible this morning about how he could'nt play in the snow at school.
Then he came home took his coat off and said ''can I play on Black Hawk Down mum??''
Tell ya not like when we were kids. Usually we had to go in at 8pm but we knew if it snowed past this time, mum would let us get our coats on and play on the front for an hour!!!! used to sit waiting for the snow so we could play out in the dark, cos dark is always fun for kids to.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 15:13   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
kids eh??? if it doesnt plug in they dont want to know!!! lol
Tell me about it! I'm going to go out make make snow angels, a snowman and throw snowballs at the neighbours windows and show them what fun is!!
Old 24-02-2005, 15:16   #8
God Member

Quote:
Tell me about it! I'm going to go out make make snow angels, a snowman and throw snowballs at the neighbours windows and show them what fun is!!
I will be at your house In five tinks, just let me get my coat on and I will be with you. Watch out for me at the bottom of the street, ''I'm the one with SNOT smeared all over my face ok''

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 15:16   #9

ita always fun to chuck snowballs at people houses but last december me and my cousen chucked one and it was ice and it smashed the window so an old man was chasin us for half an hour. although it was funny we were walking away from him instead of running.
Quote:
Old 24-02-2005, 15:17   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
I will be at your house In five tinks, just let me get my coat on and I will be with you. Watch out for me at the bottom of the street, ''I'm the one with SNOT smeared all over my face ok''
PMSL!!! and i'm the one T-bagging my dog!!!
Old 24-02-2005, 15:17   #11
God Member

I remember when it used to snow that hard, that we used to go onto moorhead playing fields and it was that deep we could build SNOW WALLS to hide behind when in war with the other kids.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 15:18   #12
God Member

Quote:
PMSL!!! and i'm the one T-bagging my dog!!!
Lmao Like you would BEN would savage you!!! you would be on the deck before him.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 15:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
ita always fun to chuck snowballs at people houses but last december me and my cousen chucked one and it was ice and it smashed the window so an old man was chasin us for half an hour. although it was funny we were walking away from him instead of running.
As long as he didn't catch up with you that's the main thing lol!!!
Old 24-02-2005, 15:20   #14

He was about 80 yrs old so i dout he would would ave caught us.
Quote:
As long as he didn't catch up with you that's the main thing lol!!!
Old 24-02-2005, 15:20   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Lmao Like you would BEN would savage you!!! you would be on the deck before him.
This is true but i'm bored i'll risk it LOL!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..