Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32   #1
Resident Waffler

It's a cats life!

Some of you may remember when our cat went missing earlier this year and how upset we were until we found her again. She obviously realises how important she is and has been thoroughly enjoying the fuss that was made of her after we got her back. I think it's gone to her head.

Just the other day we had a small addition to the family in the shape of a fluffy kitten and we didn't know how well this was going to go down with Bracken. The kitten is very adventurous and wants to play all the time, whereas Bracken has now decided that she is far more sedate and ladylike and such things are beneath her (unless nobody is looking).

So the kitten, now known as Furby because she looks like one, pesters Bracken to play and Bracken does the "Go Away!" and "Leave me alone!" thing until Furby actually does leave her alone and then she chases after the kitten!

Yesterday they both decided to help with the decorating, so you can imagine how much didn't get done.

Furby thinks the Christmas tree is a great cat toy and the star shaped baubles at the bottom must be there for kittens to play with. Bracken has now appointed herself as "Guardian of the Tree" and is keeping Furby off it. Last year she would have been attacking the baubles herself. It is just so funny seeing her trying to pretend to be so dignified that such an idea would never have occurred to her.

Here we have Bracken looking like "George of the Jungle", Furby discovering the stepladders and then both of them "helping" out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat1.jpg (104.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg cat2.jpg (95.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg cat3.jpg (100.9 KB, 30 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2005, 08:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: It's a cats life!

Awwwwwww how adorable. This year i have got 4 of them that will be climbing the tree and running off with the baubals. Last year by Dec 24th most of the tree was stripped bare. Going to be fun this year with Lukas as he is now big enough, bold enough, daft enough and stupid enough to climb it. Last Christmas he was only a few weeks old so it didnt bother him.
Going to have fun in this house ! so if you happen to walk past my flat and see a lob-sided tree, you now know why.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:22   #3
Member.

Sometimes Willow I think they can demonstrate human characteristics better then we can, I like cats apart from the tom that raps in my garden at night. Good luck with the furby…..I hope she brings you many years of joy.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35   #4
white rabbits

lovely pictures Willow.. our old cat used to love the trimmings and the tree..oh this is when i miss her most..
Old 01-12-2005, 12:48   #5
Senior Member+

I to love cats we have always had cats, and now i have spike i would like to think me and spike have a special bond, when i was pregnant he would come and sleep above my head in my bed but he would only do this when i was pregnant i used to have really bad dreams when i was pregnant and the hero of my dreams was Spike he would come and he would save me just like i saved him once i never had the pleasure of seeing spike at his most playful time but he was partial to a screwed up £10 note. Over the years he has become a fat old man he just sleeps all day and eats all day he's 20 years old and he has heart disease vet says he wont last long now because he is so old there is no point in treatment it will only prolong what will happen anyway. I will miss him soo much when he goes i have had spike longer than i have had my children i couldn't eat meat when i was pregnant so i used to have the vegs and he would have the meat. AHH Bless his little cotton socks x.

Last edited by MUMMIBOO; 01-12-2005 at 12:52.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:50   #6
Senior Member+

my Spike xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R camera 020.jpg (146.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00001.JPG (141.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-12-2005, 14:17   #7
Senior Member+

awwww spike is so cute !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 16:37   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
my Spike xx
better not let my daughter see him she is likely to want him. A cat mad kid she is.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 22:23   #9
Accy Goddess

Has MUMMIBOO say's we have always had cats since she was little. I swore there would be no more before we left Preston.
Then when we had been in Accy for a few Months.
Mick came to the front door with the smallest we kitten.
You ever did see.
She could have fit in a paper bag.
Far to small to be away from her Mum.
Two minuits and I was bringing her in.
Only for food mind.
She is still with us.
I think she's about 14 now.
Mick loves her more than me and admits it.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:15   #10
white rabbits

they are lovely pictures mummiboo

Last edited by Roy; 02-12-2005 at 10:37. Reason: banner in the post again!!!
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 15:52   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret

they are lovely pictures mummiboo
Thank you Granny they just show what he likes to do best snuggle up with his mum. bless him.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:03   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Thank you Granny they just show what he likes to do best snuggle up with his mum. bless him.
My daughter has clainmed its her with the cat.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 13:57   #13
God Member

This is my cat, Dolby - he's a tom cat so named after Thomas Dolby (I used to have an Eddison as well once).

Dolby, is an old man now of about 17. He's got kidney problems and costs a fortune in special cat food but it's worth it for the pleasure he's given me over the years. I got him when he was a kitten along with his brother Franklyn who was knocked down when he was two years old. Dolby was the scrawniest kitten ever with really bandy legs but he grew into a beautiful, sleek cat. He's a bit soft and has never strayed far from home, in fact the only time he disappeared was a few years ago when he didn't come home for a couple of nights. I was really worried, then when he did arrive home he was black all over (even his white bits were jet black) and absolutely exhausted. A day or so later someone phoned and said that they'd found his collar in their garden and it was caught in a bush. It would appear that he'd got himself stuck in the bush and through wriggling and chewing had managed to get his collar off to free himself. Now he wears one of those easy release collars just in case he gets stuck again!

He's obviously at the end of his life now and very tired with it all but he's still got the most fantastic purr - it's a much nicer sound to be woken up to than the alarm clock. As soon as he hears my alarm go off he jumps on the bed and curls up for a cuddle. Oh, I'm getting all soft about him now, I could talk about him for hours, I'm going to really miss him when he's not around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dolby.JPG (66.5 KB, 7 views)

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 23:53   #14
Senior Member+

http://uk.download.yahoo.com/pr/fu/oa/funnycats12.wmv
Daft Cats

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:14   #15

I lost both my cats earlier this year. Spock in March and Mulder in July. They were my babies and I miss them both so much. Both of them got run over, Spock at the back of the house, and Mulder at the front. I would love another, but I'm scared of the same thing happening. Not looking forward to Christmas without them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..