Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 15:46   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's a report on global warming, (yawn)!

The sun is warmer now than for the past 11,400 years

That is the title of a report in todays Sunday Telegraph, it can be found here

Now it's not the most interesting nor is it the simplest report to read, (I read it in the actual paper which somehow is always easier than reading on line).

But if you do manage to struggle through it the conclusions that come leaping forward are:-
someone is lying to us!

Below is the final page of this long winded but perhaps, factual report on so called global warming.

Finally, the UN's predictions are founded not only on an exaggerated forcing-to-temperature conversion factor justified neither by observation nor by physical law, but also on an excessive rate of increase in airborne carbon dioxide. The true rate is 0.38 per cent year on year since records began in 1958. The models assume 1 per cent per annum, more than two and a half times too high. In 2001, the UN used these and other adjustments to predict a 21st-century temperature increase of 1.5 to 6C. Stern suggests up to 10C.
Dick Lindzen emailed me last week to say that constant repetition of wrong numbers doesn't make them right. Removing the UN's solecisms, and using reasonable data and assumptions, a simple global model shows that temperature will rise by just 0.1 to 1.4C in the coming century, with a best estimate of 0.6C, well within the medieval temperature range and only a fifth of the UN's new, central projection.
Why haven't air or sea temperatures turned out as the UN's models predicted? Because the science is bad, the "consensus" is wrong, and Herr Professor Ludwig Boltzmann, FRS, was as right about energy-to-temperature as he was about atoms.

Slinks you could perhaps read it just before you go to bed, it might just solve your problem of not being able to sleep.

Last edited by Less; 05-11-2006 at 15:54.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2006, 15:48   #2
I am Banned

Re: It's a report on global warming, (yawn)!

well they have to make out the problem is worse than it realy is or they cant justify this new green tax that tony blair is trying to push through , the only reason the other parties support it is because if they get into power they can reap the extra tax and blame it on labour
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:50   #3
God Member

Slinks you could perhaps read it just before you go to bed, it might just solve your problem of not being able to sleep.
[/quote]

GOOD MORNING!!!! oh wait it isn't morning - oh hold on I know what happened, I must have dropped off to sleep at the computer!!
[/CENTER]

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:51   #4
Resident Waffler

Quote:
The entire 20th-century warming from all sources was below 2 watts. The sun could have caused just about all of it.
Well fancy that then!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:53   #5
Member.

I blame Slinky.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:56   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I blame Slinky.......
Well get in the bloody line Doug, because so does everyone else!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:57   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
The sun is warmer now than for the past 11,400 years
yeah but it cools down at night so whats teh problem
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 16:33   #8
God Member

If there is so much global warming going on then why is my arther cowd?????

The Sun goes through phases of warmer cooler constantly otherwise we wouldnt have had ice ages as well as thousands of years of drought. Its typical that we look for the easiest and simplest excuse (man) when something we cant wont or proberly cant be bothered with holds the answer.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 16:51   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
If there is so much global warming going on then why is my arther cowd?????

The Sun goes through phases of warmer cooler constantly otherwise we wouldnt have had ice ages as well as thousands of years of drought. Its typical that we look for the easiest and simplest excuse (man) when something we cant wont or proberly cant be bothered with holds the answer.
Read the article, it knocks holes in the global warming debate!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:29   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Read the article, it knocks holes in the global warming debate!
Going to Less just to see if the holes knocked in it are as big as the holein the ozonezone layer that would never close (but is).

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 17:30   #11
Beacon of light

Experts, experts experts...if you laid them all end to end at least you could blow 'em up all in one go!

I am always saying that the scientists know diddley squat about global warming...they are just trying to scare the bejasus out of us.
And as for Green Taxes...well that is just a way to force all the workers back into 'peasant' mode. The rich will continue to travel on airlines, drive their gas guzzling cars (and by 'rich'....I include politicians in this group)with impunity.
The Uk produces less than 2% of carbon emissions.....so how does TB think these Green Taxes are going to help the environment? Well, of course the answer is they're not going to.....but the government coffers will get full of our hard earned spondulicks. I would take the government more seriously if they put their money where their mouth is and encouraged home owners to fit solar panels or some other such 'green' energy sources......as it is if you DO put solar panels on your house you will be caned for improving your lot in life. Why doesn't Gordon Brown just take all our money and give us back what he THINKS we can live on! I despair!!!!!!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 18:37   #12
God Member

Well it was eyeopening to say the least. I am now of the opinion that the gree tax is another money grabbing idea playing on the media and politically inflated hype of what now looks like a normal not manmade occurance. All the bits that the UN hid just to satisfy the money men is appaling.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 18:46   #13

Ah, we may have some lightbulbs going on here.....(no pun intended). None of this is news to me and I am glad you started this thread, Less. There has been SO much dishonest scholarship when it comes to this subject. All you have to do is follow the money. The researchers want bottomless government grants. Governments and the UN want more of your hard-earned cash.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 22:32   #14
Resident Waffler

I am all for sensible consuming, re-using and recycling and I know that limited resources run out eventually and that landfill sites eventually get full and non-biodegradable stuff won't rot away.

What I'm not in favour of is being held responsible for the rubbsh I dispose of when I didn't actually create that rubbish. Things come in packages which then need to be discarded. Blame the manufacturers, not me.

Likewise Mr. Taxman don't blame the ordinary man or woman in the street for the hole in the ozone layer and use it as an excuse to hike up taxes by calling them "green" and trying to make them look all noble and responsible by doing so. We are not stupid. We know you're just trying to get more money out of us. We will still need to put petrol in the car. Aeroplanes will still fly. The same amount of polution will still be created. The only difference will be that the poor will get poorer and the government will get more tax.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 16:58   #15
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: It's a report on global warming, (yawn)!

I have no doubt that global warming is a fact. Why is the debatable issue. I also have no doubt that our government is using global warming as an excuse to impose more taxes on us.

More so today than ever before the scientists who subscribe to the ‘global warming’ theory present their case that is biased in their favour. Likewise those people with an opposing view do the same. Who is right? I have no idea.

However you do not need a string of ologies to realise that something adverse is happening to this planet.

For a number of years satellites have been probing and measuring the polar ice caps and have produce indisputable evidence that the ice caps are shrinking more and more with each passing year. The snow lines on mountains do not come quite as far down as in previous years.

It is an established fact that the ozone layer is thinner than it used to be 50 years ago with actual gigantic holes appearing at both poles. It is the ozone layer that filters out much of the UV rays and it is they that warm things up. 40 to 50 years ago I spent a lot of time in countries where it was hot, very hot but neither I nor anyone else ever even considered a sun screen. In fact I doubt if the sun screen had been invented then. Today we are continually bombarded with advice on using sun screen when going out in the sun with the factor thing being higher and higher than it used to be.

We have been burning fossil fuels for centuries and those fossil fuels were formed millions of years ago from the flora of the day for millions of years.

That flora absorbed CO2 from the atmosphere and locked it up in coal, oil and gas for millions of years and now it is being released into the atmosphere because we are burning those fuels.

It is also an established fact that trees, in particular, absorb CO2 and give out oxygen. More so in recent times, we have been hacking down squillions of trees and not replacing them so there is less CO2 absorption than there used to be. We are pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere whilst at the same time we have squillions fewer trees to absorb it. So where is all this extra CO2? It is in the atmosphere and once again it is an established fact that this CO2 keeps the sun heat around the planet rather than allowing some of it to escape into space. Ergo we are getting warmer. It may well be because of the suns activity but it is compounded by more CO2 in the atmosphere and the ozone depletion.

Just as a tiny aside – if CO2 is carbon dioxide and C2O is carbon monoxide, what is CO COA?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..