Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 21:23   #1
God Member

Its Over!!!!!

At last the TV will soon be free from all of the election garbage!!!!

Free at last to watch TV without being bombarded with promises that will probably never occur

Does anybody actually enjoy the election campaign? i think it should be banned from the TV except for on the news.

Well at least Peter Kay and the Full monty will get me through all of the election predictions and then we are nearly home free
Old 05-05-2005, 21:25   #2
Foreign Correspondent

Re: Its Over!!!!!

The news here is that Mr. Blair's majority will be considerably reduced. Projections are that his majority will be somewhere in the 60-70 range.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 21:33   #3
Beacon of light

I hate it......but am somehow drawn to political debates........and have been chucking things at the TV screen.......fortunately all the things I have thrown have been soft.

I will be glad to get tomorrow out of the way too.......I suppose we will have the post mortems for the politicians who didn't do so well.
With a bit of luck I will be too busy to catch much of it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 19:34   #4
land of hope and glory

how will we ever be free of it when mr jones will be on to give us all lessons in polotics when he has got over his celebrating,

and spelling!!!!

Last edited by staggeringman; 06-05-2005 at 19:34. Reason: missed a bit
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 22:38   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

got to say not keen on the weeks of build up and bullsh**,but i love the election results coming in,probably cos i'm a nosey sod.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..