Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2009, 13:17   #1
God Member

I've just been offered the Daily Mail FREE

I just got a phone call from one of these 'somewhere in India' marketing companies. They asked what paper I read normally - told them The Guardian. They then said that I could have a special voucher allowing me to get the Daily Mail FREE for a few weeks.

She couldn't understand why I was laughing. I said it was a bit like offering a steak butty to a vegetarian - it's never going to happen. I loved her response though - she said if I got the Daily Mail free, I could read both papers and compare them.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2009, 15:43   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: I've just been offered the Daily Mail FREE

Settle for the Sun Gayle, thats somewher in the middle
Old 24-09-2009, 16:30   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

silly to decline the offer i reckon. owt fer nowt, i'm there wi a bucket.
Old 24-09-2009, 16:55   #4
God Member

It may have been free of charge Gayle but it would've cost you your soul. Reject the devil and all his works. Take The Independent into your life. Praise be.

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 17:08   #5
God Member

i was gonna suggest using the free daily mail as loo paper but the ink is a bit dodgy and you could end up with the football results across your backside which would leave you hoping to god that your husband wants to check the results before you leave the house

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 18:01   #6
Resting in Peace

I like the Daily Mail ... I don't see it as particularly political at all ('cause I only read the right hand pages ... ) ... their general articles are more informative and interesting than other papers .. collect all competition information you can Gayle ... that's the key to success.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 19:13   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
silly to decline the offer i reckon. owt fer nowt, i'm there wi a bucket.
I'm with you on this one
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 09:10   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I like the Daily Mail ... I don't see it as particularly political at all ('cause I only read the right hand pages ... ) ... their general articles are more informative and interesting than other papers .. collect all competition information you can Gayle ... that's the key to success.
Bloody hell kate there's two of us and I agree the health section is very good indeed and the puzzle pages are okay too
Old 25-09-2009, 19:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Bloody hell kate there's two of us and I agree the health section is very good indeed and the puzzle pages are okay too
Isn't this like those guys who claim they read Playboy for the insightful articles
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 20:22   #10
Senior Member+

could of used it for a door mat
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 20:28   #11
Senior Member+

Blimey when i read the Title, i thought you were up for becoming a Press Baron!! I quite often read the Mail its an OK read, quite often first in line with prophecies of doom mind you!! Having said that ive no allegience to any particular paper, and flit quite comfortably between Mail, Express, Sun and Mirror depending on my mood. But if its free why not take it for a while then cancel! One thing i cant be bothered with though is these money off coupons like currently in the Daily Express, to much messing about, why not just drop the price of the paper for a month or so? A lot of the the stuff in todays Daily rags though is just trash reporting of irrelevant issues, and i probably only read 50% at most of any paper!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 21:47   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Isn't this like those guys who claim they read Playboy for the insightful articles
No !.... not in my case anyway.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 06:05   #13
God Member

To me it aint free as it is a marketing ploy that hopes you will purchase it on a regular basis after the freebie issues finish. Its no different than the Daily Mail and the star offering a cheap deal on the other. It comes down to what you want whether its a rag middle of the road or a high end same as anything else that is of your own personal taste.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 16:57   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I just got a phone call from one of these 'somewhere in India' marketing companies.

I managed to put the same call centre off the other day, I just said, "don't be silly, their version of the English language is worse than yours".
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..