Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2005, 19:46   #31
God Member

Re: I've just been to the "market"

I have to agree with Garinda, the shops on Warner St are the reason that people from out of town come into Accrington, it was a crying shame when Wardleworths closed I only hope we dont lose the likes of Marsdens, Abode etc
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2005, 20:50   #32
Beacon of light

I miss Wardleworths too......I searched all over Accrington for a bottle of sepia ink last week......if good old Wardleworths had been open I would have got some there.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2005, 20:56   #33
God Member

Its such a loss to Accrington Margaret, I've ordered many a book from them it was a fantastic shop.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2005, 09:32   #34
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I too ordered many a book from Wardleworths and they were great for ordering stationery too. A sad loss to the town when they closed. I recently noticed that Abode were having a huge clearance sale, I hope that it is just a sale and not a closing down one..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2005, 20:36   #35
God Member

dont you think it is possibly our fault though? If we didnt use the internet or went to the out of town places then the shops and market would get our money so would then attract different shops to the town so then attract more people to town and so on and so on. I used to love wardleworths you could always find me in there on a saturday afternoon either buying books or craft stuff or paper i always found what i wanted there. Now i go to wh smiths because it has the books etc i want but for my craft stuff i have to go hunting now for what i want but found a craft shop opposite the blind shop he gets me what i cant get elsewhere.

By the way abbode was just reorganising the shop and its now got a website! Big sign in the window!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

« Friar Hill | Tv »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..