Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2006, 10:57   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Judge Dread May Be Nigh!

The police have muted the possibility of them dishing out instant punishment when breaking up gangs of youths without the need for taking them to court first.

Someone please tell me again that we are not heading helter skelter towards a police state.
Old 15-08-2006, 11:10   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Judge Dread May Be Nigh!

thats nowt new, they used to do that! had many a belt round the lughole.
Old 15-08-2006, 11:15   #3

Had many a size 10 boot from the police up my.......a......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 11:36   #4
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Judge Dread May Be Nigh!

Ah! But in those days people and especially kids had a fearful respect for the police. Today the police seem to be seen in a different light.

The ultimate sanction was to be frog marched home and handed over to the parents and the police KNEW that suitable punishment would be meted out.

Where once the police were seen as friends of the public today too many people see them as enemies until they become a victim of a crime. Then they want instant justice.

However I view this possibility as the thin end of a very nasty wedge and the idea that a copper can dish out instant punishment without trial is to be resisted.
Old 15-08-2006, 11:41   #5
God Member

There isn't the time more money for trials when its with gangs of youths on the streets. At the moment police seem to be able to do nothing about them so they keep pushing and pushing what they can get away with.

A few days ago I was walking through Oswaldtwistle and some kid on a bike, couldn't have been more than 12 yelled 'IM JUST OFF TO BREAK SOME WINDOWS NOW' to a community warden. Now he properly wont go and do that, but the fact taht he says it takes the P**S out of the people trying to make the streets safer.. No respect at all
Old 15-08-2006, 12:36   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty

A)Ah! But in those days people and especially kids had a fearful respect for the police......................

B) However I view this possibility as the thin end of a very nasty wedge and the idea that a copper can dish out instant punishment without trial is to be resisted.

I shall donate Karma to anyone who can identify the lack of logic in this statement. I suspect I shall have an awful lot of Karma to give out.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 13:16   #7
God Member

Lack of logic with Jambutty is common place. He seems to have a problem with the government/police controlling anything. He says coppers made him behave when he was young and yet objects to them making youths behave nowadays without a trial. You object to smoking laws by saying cars should be took of the roads as they are more harmfull than smoking but then complain about charges and controls on cars. You can't have it both ways any of the time let alone all the time. I know I can say this without getting an answer cos he's ignoring me for cheating and using mels thread, yet the pictures he used that wasn't his on his sig disappeared without comment.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 13:29   #8
God Member

As for the police being enemies, thats created by people who use the police for their own unfair gain, the pc brigade and followers of such. The police are sh~t scared of doing the wrong thing to the point that foriegners or foreign looking people get action took when there wouldnt be any for english/ white looking. Thats creating a hatred of police. Thats down to the do gooders. All this is from coppers in the force, not my opinions.
Also drugs weed, coppers try to control weed and stop people using it, which gets them hated. I've never bothered with the stuff myself but a lot of decent and otherwise lasw obiding people use it just like smoking. PLus it's wasting our taxpayers money controlling something that isn't that harmfull
I'm sure I could find many more stupid reasons why police lose the publics respect. hows how about my alleged bump in a car park that cost us over 7000 pound in fines and insurance, and i didn't even do it. The car was worth about 50 quid.
Old 15-08-2006, 20:17   #9
I am Banned

hey up butty one min your complaining nowt gets done and when somthing is you complain again ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 21:11   #10
God Member

So what will follow Judge Dread Robo Cop.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 00:15   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the simple answer to all this is forget the money cyfer, change the law to PROTECT victims,and buggar the offenders and P.C. brigade. (but they won,t)
Old 17-08-2006, 00:37   #12
God Member

hang on here the top and bottom of all this and please correct me if im wrong .. is the changes in society.. when parents were nt affraid of giving their kids a clip round the ear . nowadays more and more parents are affraid of their own kids purely on the basis that kids these days have and abuse the help lines that are available for them . I am all for these help lines but i once smacked my son years ago on the legs and he threatened to call the social services so i threw the phone at him and he thought twice.. and gave it back to me . but kids today know that the law is on their side and even the police have limited force towords them ..parents are to affraid to smack their kids . and if done in the right way the government dont seem to realise that this does more good than harm .so im sorry but my opinion is stop the softly softly approach and lets get back to bringing our children up with respect for their elders.and let the police bring them home and parents carry out the punishment that will benifit them for their future . so long as it is given within reason , child dicipline will not harm anyone
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 01:11   #13
God Member

More pc brigade cherokee, although I think most of the time you don't need to use physical punishment, but it should be up to the parent how they punish their own kids.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..