Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54   #1
God Member

just a heads up - pound shop battery related

i forget which poundshop on broadway i bought these batteries at but just a heads up about the powercell rechargable AAA batteries that you get usually two for a pound

iv noticed that they wont fit in some devices such as torches ,computer mouse and tv remote

the lenghth of them is ok its teh thickness of them so if you have one of those LED torches that take 3x AAA batteries you may find you can put them into the battery holder but the holder wont fit back inside the torch.

i bought a few packs over xmas , febuary and march as i pick them up if i need them at the time or not so i dont think its a one off its different batches.

they are black with a silver top and the word power is written in silver and teh word cell written in green.If you put them next to another brand AAA battery you can visably see the difference

the ultramax AAA rechargables sold at poundland with yellow writing are fine and of propper size.

not the worst thing that can happen to someone but if it saves someone getting home and finding taht they have to back out to get batteries that fit tehir device its worth a bit of internet ink

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2013, 15:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: just a heads up - pound shop battery related

There was a program on BBC 1 this morning all about forgeries which are flooding the markets. The forgeries team confiscated thousands of pounds worth of dodgy batteries.
Old 02-05-2013, 20:01   #3
Senior Member+

Re: just a heads up - pound shop battery related

lately i have noticed some catalogs selling these at least £1 or £2 more than poundshops.... crap crap crap

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..