Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2006, 12:33   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Just Been To ASDA and Im Not Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
earlier this year i exchanged a dvd player at 3 am in teh morning at accrington asda

me thinks teh staff were takin the pee out of you

which asda store were you at because as far as i know accy store still shuts at 10pm and has not yet resumed 24hr shopping but i may be wrong
Accrington store, its back to 24 hours shopping now.
Ive spoken to the day manager today and she agrees, anybody wanting to come in at night to buy christmas stuff like cameras should be sold them. I told her the camera was an xmas gift for my partner, who was at home babysitting the kids and it was the sort of thing i cant buy with the kids with me as they would tell "daddy" what i had bought for him .... . Porkies galore...lol.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2006, 12:49   #32
Resident Waffler

Yep they've got a great big sign outside saying 24 hour and even mention photographic section under the big red '24' sign.

What's wrong with wanting a chicken at 8:30pm? If the deli and roast is open there should be stuff on there for buying - especially when you've got a hungry kid to feed!

If they don't want to sell you things at 8:30pm then they shouldn't advertise that they do.

Maybe they'll get the hang of this 24hr business in a bit.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 22:46   #33

I 'm not happy with ASDA either there are too many Humps, all the way round Humps when you go in. Humps when you're going out. I know you have to drive slow but good gracious me! does'nt do our cars much good does it? I think I shall shop elsewhere. I have now got the HUMP!!!!
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 22:52   #34
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle View Post
I 'm not happy with ASDA either there are too many Humps, all the way round Humps when you go in. Humps when you're going out. I know you have to drive slow but good gracious me! does'nt do our cars much good does it? I think I shall shop elsewhere. I have now got the HUMP!!!!
I don't suppose I could interest you in a 'Humty Dumpty' game for Christmas, thindle.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 20:23   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I don't suppose I could interest you in a 'Humty Dumpty' game for Christmas, thindle.
weh hey! sounds exciting, much better than the Hummmmps around ASDA
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 20:41   #36
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle View Post
They used to have two different service buses that stopped outside the store. One of those now picks up on the main road only........and the other has just notified the transport authorities that it will no longer go into the car park as in the build up to Christmas, it is taking him 20 mins plus to get round and he is unable to keep to his schedule for the rest of the route
Old 26-11-2006, 20:43   #37
God Member

whoever designed that carpark needs shooting, I don't think they could actually make it any worse if they tried!

I'll stick to Tesco at hassy thanks

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 21:25   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
whoever designed that carpark needs shooting, I don't think they could actually make it any worse if they tried!

I'll stick to Tesco at hassy thanks
Well, I actually went to Accy Asda t'other week and cannot agree .. 'tis much better than it was ... at least you have only one way to go in and one way to come out and saves the hold up at the roundabout they had there, that was the problem, at least you know you can keep moving.

Also, I think the re-designed store is great. Met a friend in there who was slightly confused and commented she hated change .. well, I thought was much better and may now stop going to Burnley/Blackburn, will only take a couple of more visits to suss it out.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 21:37   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, I actually went to Accy Asda t'other week and cannot agree .. 'tis much better than it was ... at least you have only one way to go in and one way to come out and saves the hold up at the roundabout they had there, that was the problem, at least you know you can keep moving.

Also, I think the re-designed store is great. Met a friend in there who was slightly confused and commented she hated change .. well, I thought was much better and may now stop going to Burnley/Blackburn, will only take a couple of more visits to suss it out.
I have to disagree with you there. The problem wasn't the roundabout, the problem is still there and its the traffic lights for turning right. Because you don't have right of way and have to wait for all the cars coming from Blackburn Road. Your lucky if you can get one car out at a time. They really need a filter light on there.

But i do agree with you about inside, I really like the new look. Also George is much bigger which is great.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 21:44   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I have to disagree with you there. The problem wasn't the roundabout, the problem is still there and its the traffic lights for turning right. Because you don't have right of way and have to wait for all the cars coming from Blackburn Road. Your lucky if you can get one car out at a time. They really need a filter light on there.

But i do agree with you about inside, I really like the new look. Also George is much bigger which is great.
Yeh, Lolly have to agree re. the lights, but one step at a time I suppose .. just I went at a time I used to go when couldn't get off for at least 20 minutes and was hassle free. Maybe putting a filter to turn right longer could be the answer.

As for the humps Busman, you should know better ... they are not too high and do work to slow people down for safety .. just that you are driving
your car I suppose and not a large coach, which hardly feels a twinge..

Whoops sorry, was Thindle that was grousing about these, apologies Busman.. tee hee.

What happened to the facility whereby you could still read the threads when entering one yerself ?

Last edited by katex; 26-11-2006 at 21:47. Reason: Incorrect target
Old 26-11-2006, 21:55   #41
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I agree with you 100% Ian. I think the car park is far worse now that you have to do a circular tour of it to get off and everybody reversing out of spaces holds everybody else up. That never used to happen before to the extent it does now. It feels far more dangerous to be crossing the car park on foot to get to your car now too.

Old 26-11-2006, 22:05   #42
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

I usually go asda early morning approx 6am the other week the assistant on the cooked meat section had just finished putting her shop in order, so to speak, and when I asked for some she said with a great yawn "sorry not open yet" I am rapidly falling out with the place.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 22:08   #43
Resident Waffler

How could they be 'not open yet' if it's 24 hours? It's either 24hrs or it ain't!

Old 26-11-2006, 22:16   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
How could they be 'not open yet' if it's 24 hours? It's either 24hrs or it ain't!
Suppose they should state, 'not all services available'. Understand not viable to offer some of these 24 hours, like not much fresh veg., on a Sunday. Has always rattled me, but Jimmy4bellies experience on electrics seems a little unwise. Have they opened the pharmicist yet ? Can't see this being open 24 hours either .. not an easy task to get qualified people to work a night shift.
Old 26-11-2006, 22:20   #45
Resident Waffler

But they actually advertise the pharmacy as being 24 hours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..