Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2003, 16:03   #1
I am Banned

Post Just bought a DVD player

Yep finally.. I had been shying away because really no need.. the kids have a mountain of videos they have collected and as I have the full Sky package I dont generally buy films..

But at 38 quid from KwikSave I couldnt resist..

I am impressed.. It plays everythig... MP3s and any CD or DVD... I tried one of my CDs full of digital pictures... 15 folders full of JPG files... it loaded up a viewer and listed all the folders.. i was able to go into any folder.. navigate and view all my JPGs straight from the backup CDs

Well impressed for 38 quid.. Now all I need is a source for DVDs ? Anyone ?

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2003, 17:01   #2

Post Re: Just bought a DVD player

Depends if you want to buy them in Town or on the net.

Best place in town is easily Blockbuster.
If your not bothered about getting the odd ex-rental DVD, you can get 3 for 30 quid. And they are good ones, usually double disc sets, and with them being ex rental, they are usually not out on general sale for a few weeks after.
I spend about 60 quid a month in there.

On the net you can buy plenty of DVD's a lot cheaper than in the shops, and with free delivery too.
Best sites are :-

www.dvd.co.uk
www.play.com
www.cd-wow.com

They are all free delivery, and very quick. My personal favourite is Play.
Old 18-08-2003, 18:29   #3
I am Banned

play.com has single films cheaper such as star trek nemisis 3 quid cheaper than dvd.co.uk  But dvd.co.uk had boxed set such as Sharpe 10quid cheaper than play.com

Been looking on ebay and the full sharpe series goes for about 50 quid so might try there..

Nemisis.. dunno not a trekkie but the kids would like it..

I was thinking more of 5 quid a cd (cough cough) but I obviously cant ask for that sort of thing in here
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 15:42   #4

harry private message me with what you want and i will let you know if available
Old 26-08-2003, 23:49   #5

Just bought the DVD player from quicksave aswell. Its a steal at that price. I went into argos just after i bought it to check prices. They had one in there for £45 i think, but it only had half the features and only supported 2.1 sound, whereas the quicksave one supports dolby digital  ;D

Im chuffed  8)
Old 10-09-2003, 07:31   #6
Senior Member+

Play 247 is the best.As fo DVD players well i am waiting for the DVD REcorders.They are out now but in the last month have come down in price by 100 quid.Have it from a good resoursce that further price drops just before Xmas are due.That is when i wll get one.Sky Digital and then record the films.Nowt better.Play 247 is also good for PS2 and computer games

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..