Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 21:23   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Justice n about time.

on news tonight the mother of the scumbag that shot Rhys Jones in Liverpool, has got 3 years today fer lying n wasting police time, its about time they jailed these great examples of good parenting, i reckon if "All" courts followed this judges lead, it could only improve the crime rate.
Old 01-04-2009, 21:34   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Justice n about time.

It would be justice if she actually had to serve the 3 years but she will probably get out after half of that time........actually 10 years wouldn't have been long enough.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 21:38   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It would be justice if she actually had to serve the 3 years but she will probably get out after half of that time........actually 10 years wouldn't have been long enough.
oh i agree, if the parents of these scumbags though expect 2/3 yrs, i think its a good start n can only be a good thing margaret.
Old 01-04-2009, 21:50   #4
God Member

I don't think it would make any difference if had been 30yrs..this women decided to cover for her son and there is a price to pay..she commited a serious crime and should be punished but I doubt that the prospect of prison would have swayed her in the first instance.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 22:30   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't think it would make any difference if had been 30yrs..this women decided to cover for her son and there is a price to pay..she commited a serious crime and should be punished but I doubt that the prospect of prison would have swayed her in the first instance.
possibly so mancie, i'm thinking longer term here, if they know they are going to jail, it will surely make "Some" brush up a bit on parenting skills.
Old 01-04-2009, 23:59   #6
God Member

not sure Cashy...these sort of parents probably think they are doing a good job of bringing up thier kids...the threat of prison will not create sensible parenting, I don't know how this women brought her kids up but I do know she should carry the can for her crime.
Old 02-04-2009, 00:06   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

way i see it is people of that mentality, normally have no fear of come backs on themselves, if jail fer this sort of thing became normal sentence, some would take note i'm sure.
Old 02-04-2009, 00:11   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
way i see it is people of that mentality, normally have no fear of come backs on themselves, if jail fer this sort of thing became normal sentence, some would take note i'm sure.
come to think of it ...can't recall the last time a close relative got a prison sentence or was even charged for perjury when covering up for a family member.. but I still do not reckon 3yrs will deter anyone in the future.. maybe a start but I am pessimistic.
Old 02-04-2009, 00:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
come to think of it ...can't recall the last time a close relative got a prison sentence or was even charged for perjury when covering up for a family member.. but I still do not reckon 3yrs will deter anyone in the future.. maybe a start but I am pessimistic.
oh i agree i cannot bring a case to mind, agree sentence aint long enough also, i too am pessimistic that other courts/judges will follow suit, but we can always hope it is a start.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20   #10
God Member

Was thinking about this but in another context.. if your son shot and killed a man that had made it clear he was intending to kill your son... would you willingly give your son up for murder ?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:47   #11
Senior Member+

With a bit of luck this woman will have a "welcome party" waiting for her inside.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:07   #12
God Member

I doubt it Jimmi..Rose West..Myra Hindley?..these people have commited worse crimes and left untouched.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:20   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
I doubt it Jimmi..Rose West..Myra Hindley?..these people have commited worse crimes and left untouched.
Most likely they was segregated and put in singular cells and on suicide watch. Hopefully this woman will be put straight into the lions den.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:31   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Was thinking about this but in another context.. if your son shot and killed a man that had made it clear he was intending to kill your son... would you willingly give your son up for murder ?
i would certainly hope so. 2 wrongs never made a right.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:43   #15
God Member

fairplay Cashy..for myself i would not give my son up..two wrongs don't make a right but my boy being in prison for life don't do me any favours.. and it don't bring back anyone...in this case when a very young lad is killed I would feel different .. could not stand the grief the lads parents would suffer if the murderer was not brought to justice..I can imagine the pain they must feel..I would want the mother to suffer some sort of punishment for covering up.. but then again it is not worth a toss for the one lost.

Last edited by Mancie; 02-04-2009 at 08:49.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..