Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 11:27   #1
Resting in Peace

Justice system, what justice system

Was reading the paper this morning and nearly swallowed my false teeth, there was this article about Boy Bloody George, being let out of the nick yesterday after 4 months of a 15 months sentence, just what is the point. Who is taking the P*** here, we don't have capital punishment for scumbag child murders, yobo louts scream blue murder if hey get a cuff round the lughole, people get fined and don't pay up, and those on community service hardly ever finish their allotted time, because its to hard work, is it any wonder that criminal just laugh at the law, its like a toothless tiger, Its time life meant life without parole, and if you get 15 months you do 15 months, a for time of for good behavior, your released on time after you've served your sentenced time, if you misbehave then you get time added on rant over
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Justice system, what justice system

i stopped ranting about this crap mate, no-one listens that can do owt about it, all it does is stress ya out, STUFF EM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:06   #3
Senior Member+

We dont have a justice system, policing has changed, they are REVENUE officers.

I would like to see mr Officer, give no tickets / fines for 1 month, let the speeder go with a warning, take the drunk home, ect let see what his supperiors have to say.

Also they want crime high, they want you to feel like its bad and dangeress out there, fear = control. (and they can pass new laws and leglislation without to much question).
Old 12-05-2009, 19:12   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Was reading the paper this morning and nearly swallowed my false teeth, there was this article about Boy Bloody George, being let out of the nick yesterday after 4 months of a 15 months sentence, just what is the point. Who is taking the P*** here, we don't have capital punishment for scumbag child murders, yobo louts scream blue murder if hey get a cuff round the lughole, people get fined and don't pay up, and those on community service hardly ever finish their allotted time, because its to hard work, is it any wonder that criminal just laugh at the law, its like a toothless tiger, Its time life meant life without parole, and if you get 15 months you do 15 months, a for time of for good behavior, your released on time after you've served your sentenced time, if you misbehave then you get time added on rant over
Do you really want to hurt me.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 09:35   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Not intentionally Beni
Old 13-05-2009, 09:38   #6
Resting in Peace

Think I'm gonna stop reading papers and watching the news on TV, the latest one is that a legal think tank has said that drug addicts who have been caught burgling should not be sent to jail if they are trying to kick the habit, you really couldn't make it up
Old 13-05-2009, 10:06   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
No 'Just wanna be loved' ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 10:31   #8
God Member

Misconduct in a Public Office

Just read this on the BBC website:

BBC NEWS | England | London | Officers arrested over expenses

These police officers have been banged up with investigations ongoing.

Is there a difference in misuse of taxpayers money by MP's and other Public Officers or is this an oversight?
I know that it has been claimed that it is within the rules but abuse of those rules still comes across as theft?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 18:03   #9
Resting in Peace

Well, show me any business director who has not abused his company's funds to pay for personal utilities/items. Were you 'whiter than white' Royboy ?
Old 13-05-2009, 18:11   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, show me any business director who has not abused his company's funds to pay for personal utilities/items. Were you 'whiter than white' Royboy ?
Always worked within the rules. It was not taxpayers money.

I had the Vat Man and the Tax Man to oversee what I was doing.

Old 13-05-2009, 18:22   #11
God Member

Quote:
No 'Just wanna be loved' ....
If anyone needs love, they should get a dog
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 18:29   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Always worked within the rules. It was not taxpayers money.

I had the Vat Man and the Tax Man to oversee what I was doing.
Exactly, 'within the rules', but could be explained were necessary for your business, or could be made to look that way, that's why you have an accountant too. Not all expenses are taxable, (and can even claim back the VAT) or can be made to look like they aren't .. e.g. travel to and from work if getting an allowance for this, and should be taxed.
Old 13-05-2009, 18:40   #13
God Member

Quote:
Exactly, 'within the rules', but could be explained were necessary for your business, or could be made to look that way, that's why you have an accountant too. Not all expenses are taxable, (and can even claim back the VAT) or can be made to look like they aren't .. e.g. travel to and from work if getting an allowance for this, and should be taxed.
Are you asking me or telling me?

I think Cistoms and Excise should be in charge of the fees office.
Let the VAT Officers oversee investigations into misuse of Public Funds, you would soon see a change of direction from our Right Honourables.

Old 13-05-2009, 19:04   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What are we talking about here? The Justice System and Justice ... or the Legal System and the Law .... there is a big difference
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 20:03   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What are we talking about here? The Justice System and Justice ... or the Legal System and the Law .... there is a big difference
It would take more than a Redcoat on a Hoss to sort that one out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..