Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2006, 19:06   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Angry justice??? yeh right!!

1) Woman, 54, glassed while walking home! :- POLICE in Accrington are hunting for a man who launched an unprovoked attack on a woman in the early hours of Sunday

2) Parents’ agony over coma son!:- THE parents of a 28-year-old man beaten up in a Blackburn park have issued an appeal for witnesses to the attack.

3)15 thugs did this to attack victim! :- A MAN today told how he was savagely beaten by up to a gang of 15 thugs in an unprovoked street attack in Burnley.

4)Knifeman attacked victim in his car!:- DETECTIVES are hunting a man who reached into a car and stabbed the driver several times.

And thats only todays news in the telegraph, i tell you what is this world coming too! kids and adults who literally get away with murder, assult, and property damage, drug users and dealers who only get a slapped hand when caught with the stuff, but if you get caught with benefit fraud you can get up to 6 month inside! eh??
Old 13-06-2006, 21:02   #2
God Member

Re: justice??? yeh right!!

It's the unprovoked attacks that worry me most. I can *just* about understand, when drug dealers are bottling each other etc, but when it's a complete innocent getting attacked, it's a sick state of affairs.
Old 14-06-2006, 01:26   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
It's the unprovoked attacks that worry me most. I can *just* about understand, when drug dealers are bottling each other etc, but when it's a complete innocent getting attacked, it's a sick state of affairs.
agree about unprovoked attacks but am pefectly happy for drug dealers and scum to bottle each other they can even go further and i'm delirious.
Old 14-06-2006, 12:54   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
kids and adults who literally get away with murder, assult, and property damage eh??
Two prime examples of this country's softly softly approach to serious criminals have, of course, hit the headlines over the last few days. The animal who raped a 12-week old baby has had his minimum term increased from 6 years to.....8 years. Meanwhile another piece of scum who abducted and assaulted a 3-year old girl has been told that he could be out after just 5 years. The latter case has prompted new Home Secretary, John Reid, to swing into action, criticizing the judge who handed down the sentence.

I've got a suggestion for Mr Reid. Why doesn't he have a word with Tony about a couple of pieces of legislation that have been introduced under this government? Firstly, a guilty plea now ensures that a prisoner has a third knocked off his sentence and secondly, prisoners are eligible for parole after serving just half their sentences. So a serious offender who is sentenced to 18 years could now be released after 6 years under the wonderful, wacky world of new Labour.

Oh yes, and at one time Mr Reid could have actually done something about the sentence this creature has received. Because originally the minimum tariff in a life sentence was set by the home secretary. That all changed after a human rights case concerning the boys who killed James Bulger. And the government had to adhere to the ruling because the Human Rights Act was incorporated into British law in 1997 by this present government.

There's been a lot on here recently about how Labour is the party of ordinary people. Perhaps they'd like to make a start on protecting ordinary people more effectively?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 14-06-2006 at 12:57.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 13:11   #5
white rabbits

Surely Its time to bring back Capital and Corperal punishment...There should be no more mr nice Judge
Old 16-06-2006, 18:05   #6
I am Banned

the jury should be told the minimum and maximum penalty and it be left to the jury how long the peson serves if convicted

that way ordinary people who have to live amongst the scum get to say how they are punished and not have soft sentences handed out by judges , polititions and the likes who are rich enough to live out of teh way of dirt bags
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 03:14   #7
Senior Member+

the problem is that if the uk were to issue capital/corporal (whats the difference?) punishment back into the uk it wud affect the uk's standing in the world alot more than just a simple cause and effect.

yeah it hasnt affected america but america has never renounced it then taken it back. the govt wud never have the balls to implement such a change and the lords wud never allow such a bill to pass parliement
Old 17-06-2006, 23:48   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

speaking of justice and soft sentences a case the other day springs to mind,the 2 pieces of crap that murdered the gay guy on clapham common- they got life but because it was a homophobic murder they will serve 28 years,now i'm all for these long terms,but whats going on here? kill a child 5-8 years,kill a gay 28 years, this is not a comment about the gay community (who i have very good friends) but to me this manner of deciding the term is sheer stupidity to me. is this saying if you want to top somebody don't top a gay and you will get a short sentence. we are NOT amused.
Old 18-06-2006, 15:26   #9
Super Moderator

Must admit I was surprised at this. As far as I'm concerned, every murder (with the possible exception of crimes of passion or those committed under extreme provocation) should result in the perpetrator being locked up for the rest of their natural lives. I think the vast majority of the population would agree with this, so why has no government had the guts to implement it?
Old 19-06-2006, 16:57   #10
Resting in peace

Funnily enough, last week we went over to Freckleton - took a cab from Kirkham, and our taxi driver was telling us that she picks up people from the open prison there. Apparently they have a very dangerous criminal - bad enough to get 12 years. What was his appalling crime against humanity? - Tax evasion. Yup. Cheat the Government, you'll get 12 years. Rape a 3 month old baby, you might be unlucky enough to get 8. Strange world, isn't it?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 16:58   #11
Resting in peace

Funnily enough, last week we went over to Freckleton - took a cab from Kirkham, and our taxi driver was telling us that she picks up people from the open prison there. Apparently they have a very dangerous criminal - bad enough to get 12 years. What was his appalling crime against humanity? - Tax evasion. Yup. Cheat the Government, you'll get 12 years. Rape a 3 month old baby, you might be unlucky enough to get 8. Strange world, isn't it?
Old 19-06-2006, 16:58   #12
Resting in peace

Sorry double post - sometimes it takes so long, I think it hasn't worked!
Old 19-06-2006, 17:49   #13
God Member

What I don't get is that here, there are nearly every week stories about boyfriends that have repeatedly beated their girlfriend over an 8 yr period, and have gone to far this time and cracked a jaw bone or fractured cheak bone. Why do they only get 18 months which will be 9 months in reality for permanantly disfiguring these girls faces and permanently scaring their minds. I know there's the argument that they shouldn't stay but thats not always the case that they have, sometimes it's happened when he's come to pick the kid up for custody rights and he's seen her the other day talking to a guy, when they've been split 18 month.

These are crimes that scar people for life.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 11:02   #14
God Member

People,we have the same debate over here that the justise system is too leaniant(sp).I blame it all on the French
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..