Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2005, 16:26   #16
Senior Member+

Re: karma fraud

Thanks for your reply Roy;you are very patient with us all squabbling like little kids! It's just so annoying when the same imbecile keeps doing it and thinks I don't know who they are!
Old 13-04-2005, 16:27   #17
Roy
Administrator

The thing you've got to remember about Karma is that what goes around, comes around...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 16:31   #18
land of hope and glory

roy have you heard the song karma by john lennon.....he was a very peacefull man.not like these accywebbers....lol..
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 16:33   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

That was the sort of reply I was expecting Roy
Old 13-04-2005, 16:42   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

A nice touch might be the amount of karma you lost/gained in the list in you control panel.
Old 13-04-2005, 16:48   #21
Roy
Administrator

It would be a nice touch, but also it would give people extra leads to the taker/giver, and we wouldn't be wanting that. I suggest writing a program on your computer that interogates the accyweb server every minute or so and gets your karma total. This way you could have all that data and cross reference it with the time/date of karma given/taken thus using your own detective skills to find the culprit
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 17:23   #22
Senior Member+

Blimey Roy;I can't even get all the text on screen at the moment let alone complex stuff like that!
Old 13-04-2005, 18:25   #23
Resident Waffler

How big is your screen Lindsay?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 18:31   #24
Resident Waffler

I'm sure with all my "power" people are bound to know it's me when I do anything karma-ish so I have to be very careful and give a lot of thought before pushing my buttons. I promise I won't tat any presumed tits on here.

Old 13-04-2005, 19:42   #25
God Member

Is that what the power means then ie the amount of power you have is the amount of karma you can give? Dont want to appear daft, is that a stupid question?
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 20:11   #26
Accrington Web Mascot

You're not daft grego - I didn't know that either!!! I think karma should stay anoymous (unless you choose to sign). I do believe you should always try to give a reason for good/bad karma - it lets people know where you think they went right/wrong.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 20:28   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
It would be a nice touch, but also it would give people extra leads to the taker/giver, and we wouldn't be wanting that. I suggest writing a program on your computer that interogates the accyweb server every minute or so and gets your karma total. This way you could have all that data and cross reference it with the time/date of karma given/taken thus using your own detective skills to find the culprit
I worked some stuff out by doing similar. It says which thread you're being karma'd from so by looking at what power karma people have who've been posting on that thread it's more or less easy to work out who gave or deducted the karma. Haven't tried deducting any yet because no matter how much I disagree with someone I still think they have a right to an opinion.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 20:29   #28
Senior Member+

hey Willow;it's a big screen but some people's post just go missing off the end! All those after you posted on this thread were fine but it seems to be just random ones that lose the last word in every sentence! And I have tried the bar thing at bottom,it makes no difference!
Old 13-04-2005, 21:34   #29
Resident Waffler

I tried to make sure my two signature banners weren't wider than the minimum width of the board. At their original sizes they would have been so I shrunk them a bit. On my screen I actually have a lot of space at the left side of them but if I shrink the board width to the point just before the sidebar overlaps the white they just about fit.

Sometimes if I do that and people have posted a large photo it sends the text off the end.

Old 13-04-2005, 21:47   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLass
I worked some stuff out by doing similar. It says which thread you're being karma'd from so by looking at what power karma people have who've been posting on that thread it's more or less easy to work out who gave or deducted the karma. Haven't tried deducting any yet because no matter how much I disagree with someone I still think they have a right to an opinion.
What if the person who gave/took karma did not post in the thread?

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..