Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 20:40   #16
God Member

Re: Kennedy Drink Problems

Maybe his drinking gave him some pazaz for the commons. At least though goaded into it he eventually admitted a problem. More than can be said for some (teens).

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2006, 22:50   #17

Anyone who has followed politics in the last decade will know Kennedy's over foindness of wine is the worst-kept secret in Westminster.

Re: West Ender - His drink problem is significant because, unlike in Winston's time, we face apt legislation on things like licensing laws and binge drinking measures...and the press will always pounce on a (perceived) hypocritical leader.

I think a leadership election has come at the worst possible time for the party, with the local elections due in May. But at leas Kennedy is trying to be as transparent as he can.
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 00:35   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the report i listened to said mr kennedy only came out!!! because an itv report was due to expose it big time,so it seems to me a case of heading it off rather than bravery.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:35   #19
God Member

He should do well in the elections if the number of people with a bevvy problem is as high as has been sugested. A man after their own heart.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 11:02   #20
God Member

Dos it not scare one to think that, had the Liberals made a break through at the last election and formed a government,this drunken toad would have had his finger over the nuclear button?

Apart from that, its time to update the old adage - when its comes to the Kennedys' in politics, never get in a car or a bar with 'em.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:33   #21
Give, give, give member

Is this a historic occasion?

Will we tell our grandchildren we will always remember where we were when we heard the news of Kennedy's outing?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:03   #22
God Member

he decided that all the reports about Scotland having a drink problem had to be put right. he came out and addmit he was keeping the whiskey industry in profit on his own. He sought help after he was given assurances that there would be no job losses due to the largest customer going on the wagon.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 13:25   #23
Senior Member+

Wouldn't you drink if you had to live in Scotland.?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 15:06   #24
God Member

What is amazing is that the entire parliamentary Lib-Dem party was fully aware of the extent of Kennedy's drink problem and so was much of the fourth estate; yet the Great British Public was kept in blissful ignorance, instead getting an occaisional snippet which referred to his health problems. Given the Lib-dem policies on government transparency and openness then this must be unparalled in the history of political hypocracy. I just hope that when it comes to the next elections, people will remember & vote away this entire bunch of slimeballs.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 15:11   #25
Give, give, give member

Like other people have said, and Tealeaf hinted at with the remark about transparency, it does seem quite shocking to hear on the news Charles Kennedy deny he had a problem with drink in recent interviews, only to finally admit it yesterday.

It's not the drink that's the main problem for me, it's the fibbing.

Nearly as good as Bill, I have never had sexual relations with this woman, Clinton.

Old 06-01-2006, 15:28   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Wouldn't you drink if you had to live in Scotland.?
Errr plead the 5th ammendment on that one. Its actually a nice little country.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 15:30   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Errr plead the 5th ammendment on that one. Its actually a nice little country.
I liked it as well, until I was deported after three years for not drinking enough.

Old 06-01-2006, 15:33   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I liked it as well, until I was deported after three years for not drinking enough.
Is that not better than TV humiliation?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 15:36   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Is that not better than TV humiliation?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Excuse me. I've never felt the need to dress up as a woman, and if I did I'd probably be gorgeous, so there would be no humiliation.

Old 06-01-2006, 15:40   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Excuse me. I've never felt the need to dress up as a woman, and if I did I'd probably be gorgeous, so there would be no humiliation.
One way to be famous. You might be asked to go on Big Brother though.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..