Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2007, 13:06   #1
Senior Member+

Kerry Katona Held In Raid

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Katona held captive by armed gang

Now I'm not overly keen on the girl, but nobody deserves this, its one thing doing it to 2 adults, but she had her 5 month old baby with her!! Thankfully her other 2 girls were not there.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2007, 13:33   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Kerry Katona Held In Raid

Whils't I sympathise with this family, I think the amount of publicity afforded the case is over the top, I doubt you and I would have been mentioned on national tv. She is not the most famous person in the UK, before today I had not even heard of her, or her 'group'.
I think this is a case of the 'silly season' for the press and the media, nothing else worth reporting. When all is said and done, it happens every day this sort of thing to ordinary people without a mention.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 13:48   #3
Senior Member+

Oh come on Ianto.W. Surely you knew she'd been voted Celebrity Mum of the Year twice?
Old 16-07-2007, 13:51   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta say i never heard of her.
Old 16-07-2007, 13:54   #5
Senior Member+

I think shes a nice woman, only because she speaks her mind in magazine people dont like her and like tin monkey said she was voted celebrity mum of the year twice

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 13:55   #6
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Oh come on Ianto.W. Surely you knew she'd been voted Celebrity Mum of the Year twice?
I only know the mothers of my own offsprings
Old 16-07-2007, 13:57   #7
God Member

i like her too, she's a gobby cow, just like me
Old 16-07-2007, 13:58   #8
Senior Member+

Whilst she has had some bad press in the past, mainly about her drug problems. I still don't think that anybody deserves what happened, and especially with a 5month old with her.

Also, no the "normal" probably wouldn't make the national news, but thats what being a "celebrity" brings to you, that sort of press.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 14:11   #9
Resting in peace

Quote:
Lolly, Also, no the "normal" probably wouldn't make the national news, but thats what being a "celebrity" brings to you, that sort of press
We will have to agree to differ on this Lolly, I think 'minor' celebrity would be a more appropriate description of this 'lady'. Having said that you are correct, nobody deserves to be subjected to such barbaric treatment.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I only know the mothers of my own offsprings
I was trying to be sarcastic.

Yet another person to become 'famous' for virtually nothing. The group she was in only became successful after she'd left.
I'm pretty sick of this minor celebrity culture.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:23   #11
Super Moderator

Never heard of the woman before I saw this thread. Just one more talentless nonentity.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:24   #12
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I was trying to be sarcastic.

Yet another person to become 'famous' for virtually nothing. The group she was in only became successful after she'd left.
I'm pretty sick of this minor celebrity culture.
I'm with you on this Tin Monkey, ordinary folk do not even get afforded a visit or the consabulary till 3 days after, nationwide coveage for a never has been nobody is well over the top, having said that, she is famous now for all the wrong reasons.
Old 16-07-2007, 15:38   #13
God Member

Nobody deserves this to happen so I do feel sorry for her in this instance.In fact I feel sorry for her full stop,especially her children.I used to like Kerry when she was on 'I'm a celeb get me out of here' until she spilt from Brian McFadden and showed her true colours.Kerry and the kids had it all once,now she's just a dobber from Warrington who'll finish up like her druggie mum if she carries on the way she is doing.She went into rehab but seems to be up to her old tricks again.Some awful accusations have been made about Kerry lately,I know some people will say anything for the money but there seems to be a lot of people saying the same things about her.This latest incident probably came about because she hadn't paid her drug dealer so they came and took her stuff away.My heart goes out to her children who have to live in squalor with her and get mis-treated by her when she's off her head.The kids would be better off with Brian or with his mum in Ireland.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 15:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Nobody deserves this to happen so I do feel sorry for her in this instance.In fact I feel sorry for her full stop,especially her children.I used to like Kerry when she was on 'I'm a celeb get me out of here' until she spilt from Brian McFadden and showed her true colours.Kerry and the kids had it all once,now she's just a dobber from Warrington who'll finish up like her druggie mum if she carries on the way she is doing.She went into rehab but seems to be up to her old tricks again.Some awful accusations have been made about Kerry lately,I know some people will say anything for the money but there seems to be a lot of people saying the same things about her.This latest incident probably came about because she hadn't paid her drug dealer so they came and took her stuff away.My heart goes out to her children who have to live in squalor with her and get mis-treated by her when she's off her head.The kids would be better off with Brian or with his mum in Ireland.
I take it you are a relative or a close family friend ?
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 15:53   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I take it you are a relative or a close family friend ?
Oh God no.I just read a lot...daily papers,ok mag (featuring Kerry's column detailing her weekly antics) and I read Kerry's autobiography a while back.Like I said,I used to like her.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..