Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24   #1

Lancashire Telegraph

I know the Lancashire Telegraph is not everybodys cup of tea but it's something I've for many years bought on a daily basis

Just been to get todays and of it's been relaunched as bigger and better however it's also got a bigger price with an increase from 45p to 65p

i don't begrudge a small increase but a 20p increase get real!!

another lost customer
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2013, 14:57   #2
I am Banned

Re: Lancashire Telegraph

mmm... First impressions "new format" very Blackburn centric.. I'll give it a week or so but probably just use the web pages more and save money.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:26   #3
Full Member+

I think what is virtually 50% rise in price is ridiculous. I cannot see how they can justify it as the paper doesnt look that much different to me. I think they will have shot themselves in the foot as lots of folk will not buy it every day now. I am one of them !!!
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:30   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It did used to be a good paper, but years ago, i have only bought the odd un fer many moons, not even that any more, The rise is n insult to common sense in my book, They can shove it were the sun don't shine fer me,
Old 03-06-2013, 15:32   #5

Not seen the new one yet, but the old style always used to be Blackburn centric - Stanley never seemed to get much coverage either.

I believe that the Thursday Edition will have a substantial "Asian Life" supplement which is of no interest to me at all. Jobs supplement, Motors supplement yes please.

I used to love reading the LET, and used to have them sent down to me, but like DtheP47, will make do with online version whilst it's still free.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 17:06   #6
Resting in Peace

I stopped getting it years ago, I just go on line and read it there, if there's anything of interest, in fact I don't get any papers now except on a Sunday and I get the Obs on Saturday,
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 17:12   #7
God Member

65p is pretty expensive loo roll

ill stick to andrex it dosnt leave the football results behind on yer bum

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 18:12   #8
Full Member+

Bloody hell I know it has been a while since I bought one but how can they justify 45p let alone 65p
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 18:50   #9

The Telegraph has become shocking since it took the "Evening" out of it's name. Our version is ridiculously Blackburn centric.

The best paper now is the "I". At 20p weekdays and 30p on a Saturday you get high quality news and sport coverage (not tabloid trash) all week for less than one copy of other papers.
Old 12-06-2013, 20:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Bloody hell I know it has been a while since I bought one but how can they justify 45p let alone 65p
It,s gone up to 80p on a Saturday, I left it where it was and it looked like everyone else had too!!
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 21:07   #11
God Member

hardly a local paper and they cant even spell their billboards correctly when advertising.Its one thing to abreviate but they take the urine.Wish i could remember some of teh classic ones they messed up but alas i cant.

may seem rich me going on about their grammar but im not paid to pay attention to which keys i hit and in what order.If i was you would see a vast improvemunt
DaveinGermany likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 22:15   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
The Telegraph has become shocking since it took the "Evening" out of it's name. Our version is ridiculously Blackburn centric.

The best paper now is the "I". At 20p weekdays and 30p on a Saturday you get high quality news and sport coverage (not tabloid trash) all week for less than one copy of other papers.
What is the "I" never heard of it.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 22:39   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
What is the "I" never heard of it.
It only started last year. It's really a concise version of the Independent. It's really good...especially now its a third of the price of the Lanky Telegraph!!

i Newspaper | News | UK and Worldwide News | Newspaper
Old 13-06-2013, 06:45   #14
Beacon of light

I have been a Lancashire Evening Telegraph reader all my life...but it went downhill when it stopped being the Evening Telegraph.
This is now more expensive than my daily paper so from next week it is being kicked into touch...and the Accrington Observer is just a flies nadger off getting the same treatment.
Neither of them are good value for money.
Mick and jaysay like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 06:59   #15
Resting in Peace

Totally agree with the lady above
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

« Ukip | Lost dog »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..