Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2011, 22:57   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh, ok ... for some weird reason I thought that was only for beer ... silly me So there are actually people who order a pint of that toxic waste
Yeh Eric, they told me to buy a pint cos it would only cost me £1-80, n they weren't offended either when i said its crap i only require half. so fair play to the barmaid.
Old 17-09-2011, 23:18   #77

da ja vie
i recall Nolan being against a fun pub/table dancers bar opening on church street about 20 years ago.it was cynthia paine and that 'spex' owner bloke that wanted to open it.
Anyway it wouldnt last long would it.How many stag do's come to accy ? also if it was more than 2.40 a pint everyone would complain and moan,like a lot do in accy wetherspoons
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 09:10   #78
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ah but i mean i can't afford it on principal.
Cashy you could always try something cheaper. Your principles don't stop you from doing that do they?
These kind of places make their money on soft drinks.........and public houses have been known, in the past, to do the same(we can't persuade a driver to buy beer so we'll make the coca cola as expensive to make uo for our loss).........much as in WHSmiths do when they sell a small bottle of Fanta for £1.45.......when you can buy a two litre bottle for 79pence......yes it is a rip off, and no-one likes to think they have been ripped off.
The last time I was in one of these places........I had a pot of tea for 99p.......that was, in my book, good value for money.

I hate Coca Cola anyway!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 09:30   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You must have been one on your own.

Never looking at a nubile young lady bounce along on a hot summer's day...even though touching wouldn't be wise, unless you had a desire to be arrested.

Exactly, thats the reason why
Old 18-09-2011, 09:42   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I couldn't give a shiny shizzle to what some gormless males do........if they want to think with what is in their trouser pocket, and pay through the nose for the privilege, than that is up to them.
I could never understand men paying to go to strip clubs certainly was never on my agenda, but as Shaz said earlier sex sells. I can remember back in the early seventies a pub we used in south London called the Adam and Eve, the landlady a very voluptuous blond worked behind the bar topless and nearly every pub on the old Kent Road had topless go go dancers, you just couldn't get away from it, somehow I don't think it would have taken off in Accy though
Old 18-09-2011, 09:45   #81
Beacon of light

yes John.....as Tealeaf observed......it is so passe.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:47   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Very good..the hostess with the mostess...can you let me and t'lads have 20 VIP invites for the opening night...the usual trimmings..free shampoo..caviar..foie gras..a couple of private hours each with dancers of our choice in order to convince them of the error of their ways.

I take it that's sorted, then.
Um you seem to know a hell of a lot about what goes on at these establishments Tealeaf
Old 18-09-2011, 09:55   #83
Beacon of light

he might just have an over-active imagination.

It is a bit like the joke about one woman telling another that she had seen her friends husband chasing women.....the woman looked not too concerned about it and said.....'dogs chase cars too, but when was the last time you saw one driving?'
Old 18-09-2011, 10:41   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
he might just have an over-active imagination.

It is a bit like the joke about one woman telling another that she had seen her friends husband chasing women.....the woman looked not too concerned about it and said.....'dogs chase cars too, but when was the last time you saw one driving?'
Very droll Margaret, very droll
Old 18-09-2011, 10:46   #85
Beacon of light

Well John, I thought it was funny........the best ones are the old ones.
Old 18-09-2011, 10:47   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy you could always try something cheaper. Your principles don't stop you from doing that do they?
These kind of places make their money on soft drinks.........and public houses have been known, in the past, to do the same(we can't persuade a driver to buy beer so we'll make the coca cola as expensive to make uo for our loss).........much as in WHSmiths do when they sell a small bottle of Fanta for £1.45.......when you can buy a two litre bottle for 79pence......yes it is a rip off, and no-one likes to think they have been ripped off.
The last time I was in one of these places........I had a pot of tea for 99p.......that was, in my book, good value for money.

I hate Coca Cola anyway!
yeh me principles do stop me,whist you hate the stuff, i prefer it to other soft drinks,its the one i detest least. if i go in the normal accyweb watering hole the same drink costs me £1 -still a rip off, but much cheaper n that place.
Old 18-09-2011, 10:55   #87
Beacon of light

Have a coffee next time Cashy.......I'm not a big fan of coffee but I had one in their Manchester pub and it was alright......it wasn't 99p(a pot of tea was though)......I think it was £1.49...cheaper than lots of places. Hot and a big tall mug.
Old 18-09-2011, 11:00   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Have a coffee next time Cashy.......I'm not a big fan of coffee but I had one in their Manchester pub and it was alright......it wasn't 99p(a pot of tea was though)......I think it was £1.49...cheaper than lots of places. Hot and a big tall mug.
nah margaret if i want coffee i prefer a coffee shop, don't ask why its just me way, another thing that irks me about that place,is my assumption right or wrong? that quite a few pop in through the afternoon fer a snack etc wi kids, kids don't sup ale so there ripping families off, that dont sit well wi me.
Old 18-09-2011, 11:21   #89
Beacon of light

If they couldn't afford it Cashy, they wouldn't go.
I know my daughter and her husband take their two to the carvery as an occasional treat...they really look forward to going and I guess it is one of the first steps to getting them used ot eating out........Mc Donkeys isn't in the frame as far as eating out goes.
Old 18-09-2011, 11:22   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well John, I thought it was funny........the best ones are the old ones.
reminds me of the one about the bloke gets stopped by the police at 4am and asked where he was going, he said I just off to a lecture about the evils of drink and the effect it has on the family and family life, the coppers says who on earth gives such lectures at 4am, he said The Wife

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..