Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 11:43   #1
Senior Member+

Laughter :)

I was thinking about the fact that i still laugh as much as i did as a child and wondered if you lot do?
What made me think about it is im watching 'Secret Garden' on bbc2 and remembered at school 'cripple' was an insult people used to call anyone as a laugh(I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE BY SUBMITTING THIS THREAD) so when the gardener said to the lad in SG 'course i know who you are,your the little cripple' me and my 3 brothers laughed so much we nearly wet ourselves! and we kept on rewinding that bit and played it so much the tape got ruined in that part so when it played it went fuzzy and there was no noise, so from then on whenever we watched it and it got to that part we all used to shout the words....and laughed as much those times as we did in the begining,I have bought the DVD for Jack and his going to wonder why the hell i crease up at that bit every time we watch it!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56   #2
God Member

Re: Laughter :)

You are still a big kid at heart.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:57   #3
Senior Member+

Definately-wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:11   #4
God Member

Just because you are getting older and wiser means you cant have fun games and laughter.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 12:12   #5
Resting in Peace

Yah know, Miss Kitty, was only talking about this the other day .. I do find lots of things still very funny, but think I have sunk into being amused rather than having a good old belly laugh and those giggles you get into where ya' do wet yer pants. I feel is a quality I have lost somewhere along the line, and apart from one instance a few months back when I was out on the town and somebody made a derogatory remark about somebody which was hilarious (not proud of it) and I finished up spitting out my Barcadi/coke down a friend, not happened since.

Listening to Terry Wogan coming to work this week, something amused his 'side-kick' and he could not read the traffic report for laughing .. I was envious, but did make me laugh a little at him in this predicament.

Not ticklish either
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:13   #6
Senior Member+

does that mean i can still have fun and laughter to others expense though?

And katex-im ticklish even when someone pretends to tickle me,they dont even have to touch me and i giggle like mad!And as for that kiddy song 'round and round the garden like a teddybear' makes me roll around on the floor laughing so my ex used to do it to me all the time.Just that bit on where they put their finger on my hand makes me pee myself.

Last edited by mrskitty; 03-09-2006 at 12:18.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:13   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Just because you are getting older and wiser means you cant have fun games and laughter.
i know quite a few sour gits that would disagree spug and they aint a million miles away.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:20   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i know quite a few sour gits that would disagree spug and they aint a million miles away.
You refering to ******* *****?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Last edited by Len; 03-09-2006 at 22:07. Reason: not very nice naming people. I’m sure they won’t appreciate it.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
You refering to ********* *****?
my lips are sealed but actually NO.

Last edited by Len; 03-09-2006 at 22:15.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 22:09   #10
Accy Goddess

I'm real ticklish. I have laughed till ive cried and my cheeks hurt. Not so long ago my lad made me laugh but unfortunately I had just taken a mouth full of coffee.
It was awful. It spluttered out of my mouth down my nose and the thought of it makes me cringe.
I must admit the full belly laugh thing doesnt happen has much has it used to but when it dose then I don't do things by halves.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 22:31   #11
Resident Waffler

I'm like you Anne - laugh at even the thought of being tickled!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..