Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2009, 03:15   #1
God Member

law barring Catholics from the throne

there has been a bill presented that calls for and end to laws that are predujice against Catholics.. for example the law says no Catholic can be King or Queen of England... at first glance it seems this is discrimination...
but on the other hand the Catholic Church openly discriminate against many including gay priests, protestants, and even deny marriage for priests..so should the law be changed?
http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...vbP22w5Nhazj3Q
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2009, 03:44   #2
God Member

Re: law barring Catholics from the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
upon seeing the title of this thread i thought where are the poor sods supposed to poop

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 05:18   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
upon seeing the title of this thread i thought where are the poor sods supposed to poop
Oh.. by the way the Pope and the Queen do not "poop"
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 06:55   #4
Junior Member+

Neither does my wife
accytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 09:04   #5
Resting in Peace

Well I'm a catholic, an quite honestly I don't give a stuff
Old 28-03-2009, 09:14   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
there has been a bill presented that calls for and end to laws that are predujice against Catholics.. for example the law says no Catholic can be King or Queen of England... at first glance it seems this is discrimination...
but on the other hand the Catholic Church openly discriminate against many including gay priests, protestants, and even deny marriage for priests..so should the law be changed?
The Canadian Press: British leaders say they favour end to law barring Catholics from the throne
Just seems like another timely distraction from Uncle Gordon really, dont think too many people are really that concerned about this at the moment, but probably now seems logical to change the law at some stage. I'm not Catholic, but why discriminate solely against them. Maybe the Catholic church are a discriminatory religion for some sectors of the community, but so too is Islam! The Male/Female rights of succession also does need to be altered, but again, assuming its not done retrospectively, it aint going to affect anything for about another 100 years, so no real rush to alter things i feel.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 15:00   #7
God Member

I wonder if Kate Middleton is a Catholic? Could be affecting the decision about why Wills can't/won't marry her.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 15:08   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

don't really give a rats, fer me they could bar all religions from the throne n i would not miss em.
Old 28-03-2009, 15:10   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I wonder if Kate Middleton is a Catholic? Could be affecting the decision about why Wills can't/won't marry her.
Don't think she is Gayle, I would imagine if she had have been RC the press would have found out and so would we by now, they just can't keep things like that quiet there is always somebody who will let the cat out of the bag, specially with the Royals living in a Goldfish Bawl
Old 28-03-2009, 15:34   #10
God Member

will the law also allow muslims to be king or queen

only wondering because in future when a member of royalty dates a muslim it would save the hassle of performng a public execution

ooops i mean an accident in a tunnel

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 16:43   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
will the law also allow muslims to be king or queen
Yes it does. It's only Catholics who can't succeed the throne, because the 1701 Act of Settlement barred the claim to the throne of the Catholic Stuarts, which in my opinion is wrong and should be changed. It's also planned to change the law of primogeniture, which puts male claims to inheritance over those of females. Another move I fully support.

Though personally I'd abolish the monarchist system, and have an elected Head of State, rather than have someone there by accident of birth.

Incidentally if the law about Catholic succession changed, the House of Windsor might find themselves challenged, as the descendents of the Stuarts might have a stronger claim to the throne.

They currently live in Germany, and would have to cross the Channel to kick their Hanoverian/Windsor cousins off their jewelled perch.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 17:06   #12
God Member

If the Royals can't marry catholics, is there 'owt to stop 'em from undergoing a gay civil ceremony?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 17:25   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
If the Royals can't marry catholics, is there 'owt to stop 'em from undergoing a gay civil ceremony?

Not sure about that one, where's Prince Edward when you need him??

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 20:53   #14

Is Harry going out with a nun? The way things are going at the moment the Government will be ordering a Royal Wedding
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 20:56   #15
Senior Member+

ah!! thats why im not dating prince william then

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..