Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 21:54   #1
God Member

Lesley Molseed

Two Victims Of The Lesley Molseed Murder |Sky News|UK News

The real culprit has been caught in the Lesley Molseed case. What marvellous news!

I think it's great that these crimes can be solved 30+ years after they were committed. It gives us hope for other unsolved mysteries.

I feel so sorry for Stefan Kizko, the guy who was wrongly imprisoned for many years for this crime. He died shortly after being released. When you look at the details there was no evidence against him. How did he ever get convicted in the first place?

Do you think the police pounced on him because he was a soft target and they wanted a conviction to put the public at ease?
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2007, 22:03   #2

Re: Lesley Molseed

They need to stop repeating it after every programme.. Getting annoying, I know it line for line now.
Old 12-11-2007, 22:08   #3
Resident Waffler

There was evidence at the time which would have proven Stefan Kiszko innocent but it was never revealed in court. An absolutely appalling miscarriage of justice.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 22:08   #4
God Member

Brilliant news, just so sad for the man who spent sixteen years in prison for a crime he didn't commit and then to die so prematurely shortly after his release. We need to hope and pray this monster serves the full sentence. At long last the poor victims mum has got some sort of closure.
Old 12-11-2007, 22:10   #5

Think it’s documented that the police made errors in this case. Mr Kiszko was a very vulnerable man. Hope with all my heart that the right man is now behind bars. A very sad case for all concerned. Perhaps everyone who needs closure on these events can now have it.

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 12-11-2007 at 22:12. Reason: I spelt Kiszko wrongly
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 22:26   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the other guilty ones in this tragic affair are THOSE who never let the jury in the original trial see the evidence that the poor sod could NOT have done it, but buggar all is EVER done about these things.
Old 12-11-2007, 22:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the other guilty ones in this tragic affair are THOSE who never let the jury in the original trial see the evidence that the poor sod could NOT have done it, but buggar all is EVER done about these things.
Apparently the Police have “learned lessons”

Seems to be the new way for any organisation to abdicate themselves from any responsibilities.
Old 12-11-2007, 23:37   #8
God Member

It's come to something when we have to "hope" they've got the right man...anyone known to have witheld evidence in the original trail should themselves be put on trail for a misscarriage of justice...wether it be the prosecutor or the police, they are lairs and cheats and should be brought to book!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 23:44   #9
Give, give, give member

Another case in which DNA proved invaluable in putting the right evil bar steward in prison...eventually.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 00:37   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Two Victims Of The Lesley Molseed Murder |Sky News|UK News

The real culprit has been caught in the Lesley Molseed case. What marvellous news!

I think it's great that these crimes can be solved 30+ years after they were committed. It gives us hope for other unsolved mysteries.

I feel so sorry for Stefan Kizko, the guy who was wrongly imprisoned for many years for this crime. He died shortly after being released. When you look at the details there was no evidence against him. How did he ever get convicted in the first place?

Do you think the police pounced on him because he was a soft target and they wanted a conviction to put the public at ease?
And a good reason for not having the death penalty aswell, though its sad that his life was completely wasted over a false conviction.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 07:51   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
And a good reason for not having the death penalty aswell, though its sad that his life was completely wasted over a false conviction.
I reckon Blazey's raised a good point here. If AccyWeb had been around at the time of Stefan Kiszko's conviction, how many of us would have been calling for him to be strung up?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 13-11-2007 at 07:55.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 09:43   #12
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I reckon Blazey's raised a good point here. If AccyWeb had been around at the time of Stefan Kiszko's conviction, how many of us would have been calling for him to be strung up?
Yes I aggree Wynonie,poor chap must have had a terrible time in prison, but as Blazey said " he may have been executed". What did upset me was the family of Leslie did not seem to have a lot to say about poor Stefan, and I think it was the stepfather who said at the time he gave Stefan's mother a hard time, I only hope he redressed the fact later. This was purely my own personal observation of the little I saw on television, and I may be wrong; Ta.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 13-11-2007 at 09:46.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 10:12   #13

The only thing that convicted Stefan Kizko was his confession that was refuted an hour later, he only signed it as he was promised he would have been allowed home to see his mother. He wasn't.

Yes he was treated as a soft target, and as an inspector said yesterday DNA is only part of the evidence in building a case against someone, it still isn't used if they feel there is no need, so there will still be miscarriages of justice unfortunately.

My thoughts go out to Stefan Kizko's family at this time, a truly innocent victim of shoddy police work.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 10:34   #14
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post

My thoughts go out to Stefan Kizko's family at this time, a truly innocent victim of shoddy police work.
mine too,,,,,,,
Old 13-11-2007, 15:34   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
A good point, Blazey.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..