Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2010, 07:40   #1

let down

Anyone ever been let down by a taxi firm for an early moning pick up to the airport? a clayton taxi firm who i have used many times let me down for a 2.00am pick up, luckily a rishton firm came to my rescue would highly recommend them bettys taxis can,t thank them enough, needless to say still no contact from the clayton taxi firm, sorry just had to have a little winge.
derekcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2010, 08:10   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: let down

I was just thinking about our booked airport taxi, whilst cleaning my teeth, five minutes ago.

We booked online this year, so needed to find our own transport to the airport.

At the garage, next to Ossie Mills carpark, we saw a large mini bus taxi, so asked the driver how much it would be to Leeds/Bradford, and the price was much less than all the other quotes for six people, I'd found.

He's a really friendly guy, and regularly calls me to assure me that he will be taking us to the airport, and hasn't forgotten.

I hope he doesn't.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:55   #3
God Member

whats teh going rate from accy to manchester airport drop off and pick up when returning ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:29   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
whats teh going rate from accy to manchester airport drop off and pick up when returning ?
Bet its £70 or £80 accyman if no more
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Our kid has got one for thirty pound return
Old 03-07-2010, 12:04   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Its over 20 years since I went abroad on holiday Bernie and it cost £25 then, so that is cheap
Old 03-07-2010, 12:07   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its over 20 years since I went abroad on holiday Bernie and it cost £25 then, so that is cheap
Yep its a great price isn't it? I'm sure she said our cashy uses them
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
thats barely covering fuel costs especialy if they get stuck i traffic

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47   #9

average price is £70 cheers derek.
derekcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11   #10
Senior Member+

Just thought i'd mention, for anyone who has the option of flying from Blackpool Airport instead of Manchester or Liverpool, if you pay the £10 Airport Developement Fee then you have free car parking at the airport for upto 15 days, which is a good saving either on Parking or Taxi fares, particularily if going away for 2 weeks.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 17:06   #11

Just returned from holiday and paid £70 return from Accrington to Manchester, with Travelair. Have used them for a number of years and have never been let down.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..