Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 15:09   #16
God Member

Re: Lets play on the M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah
If i was playing around with knifes and i stabbed myself by accident would be sorry for me?
No. Show us you're a man of actions as opposed to words and get on with the job.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2007, 16:58   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
So by that notion we should all condemn the troops in the forces because they're asking to be killed by pratting around with guns?
Didn't really see the point in the karma comment either. Everyone does have a right to an opinion yes, but I've always been under the presumption that the said opinion should at least have some sound reason.
They sign up to do a job. And they know the risks just as i did when i joined.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 19:49   #18

It's a waste of a young life and i can't belive the lack of understanding on the issue.
I understand that he went to retrieve a football now doing that might have been stupid and reckless but have some feelings for the young man and his family, his friends who witnessed the tragedy and in particular the car driver and his family.
my deepest sympathy to his family
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 20:09   #19
white rabbits

Its so sad when a child dies ,whatever the circumstances,,,
Old 04-03-2007, 20:40   #20
Senior Member+

a couple of times i've seen kids playin on that section of the rd but lucky for me on hte opposite side of the rd
Old 04-03-2007, 21:04   #21
I am Banned

Condolences to the family & to the family that accidently knocked/witnessed this kid, its a sad thing to happen & as Mani says that he's seen some kids playing in that section of the rd before then really the transport & roadways dept want to do something about it like sealing it off so that kids can just wander or play too close that can put their lives in danger, so its clear especially near motorways!! If its not secured then surprised more little lives haven't been taken & to thus save more tragic accidents like this in the future!...just a shame this has happened.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 22:08   #22
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Anyone have any sympathy for this idiot? I sure dont! Its his own fault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/6416791.stm
I feel very sorry for the family of this young person who lost their life in such tragic circumstances, to call the victim an idiot is something that should never have been posted on this site, the only facts that are available to you tadah, are what you have read in an article that does not even bother or choose to check the authenticity. It is of no consequence if the victim was playing games or not. A precious young man is no more, and my last words on this subject are leave the family to grieve in peace.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 22:09   #23
Resident Waffler

We were coming back from Burnley on Thursday when we saw the flashing lights of a police car and the traffic backed up on the opposite carriageway. At the time because there didn't seem to be any debris or anything, nor signs of an ambulance, I just assumed that it hadn't been anything very serious. Even so, I always hope and pray that no-one is seriously hurt when I see something has happened.

I was really saddened to hear that a teenager had been hit by a car and sadder still that he has not survived. My heart goes out to his family. Who knows why he went down onto the motorway. Of course it seems like a crazy thing to do. Surely it's better to lose a ball than lose your life. I can't recall just what the area is like around there but there should be some kind of barrier to prevent balls getting onto the motorway if there is a play area nearby.

My sympathy goes out to the family who must be devastated. My sympathy too to the driver of the car. It must have been an awful shock and something it will be hard to get over.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23   #24
God Member

Just heard on the radio that, before he died, the lad asked for his organs to be donated on the event of his death.

He deserves a hell of a lot of respect for this - even if your your idiocy denies sympathy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:42   #25
I am Banned

For that yes its a good thing for him to do yes. Ian you dont think going on to the motorway to get your ball back being an idoit? His family would id say.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 14:52   #26
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Just heard on the radio that, before he died, the lad asked for his organs to be donated on the event of his death

Oh bless him,,i hope they have saved a few lives,what a lovely jesture ...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..