Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2005, 20:00   #1
Resting in Peace

Liars

If someone tells you they are a liar, would you believe them ?

Can't take credit for this thought, was posted by my daughter on another site; can't stop thinking whether my answer would be 'yes' or 'no' though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2005, 20:50   #2
God Member

Re: Liars

Hard question that, and as such would depend on the context and the subject I was being called a liar in.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 21:12   #3
Member.

I would have to agree with you Spuggie, This is a quite complex question in that if you where called a liar and believe that you where then, would you not also be honest? The complexity is in that fact, that an honest person can’t possibly be a liar could they or they wouldn’t be honest. Or would they?

Who of us have not lied at some point to gain an advantage, yet still believe ourselves to be as white as the driven snow? Unless you name ends in belle or is that Mel are something, whatever, I think all of you are fantastic people and I would never lie about such a thing, and yet you may say that I lied about being a liar which would me you not a bunch fantastic people Have I lost you there……Good.

If someone tells you that you’re a liar, tell them to pi** off. You know what you are and although might resort to tell a tall tail or pass off a little white one now and again what does it matter, you know if your doing right or wrong, sometimes we have to lie, the real question here….. Is can you be true to yourself………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 21:15   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

I keep thinking this one out, think I've found a logical answer - then change my mind.

I give up - my brain hurts.
Old 29-10-2005, 22:39   #5
God Member

Had a think and the only one that comes to mind is admitting to your kids a certain gent a year end is an imposter if you catch my drift.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 01:11   #6

if someone told you they were a liar, would you believe them?

hmm

if someone told you what they believed in would you call them a liar? :P
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 01:18   #7
Len
God Member

don't lie, never lie. hehe
Lifes a bitch.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 01:27   #8
Give, give, give member

I came into the chatroom just to see Tinks posting about 'another of Rindy's little lies'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 07:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Had a think and the only one that comes to mind is admitting to your kids a certain gent a year end is an imposter if you catch my drift.
I think I've found a solution to this one Spuggie. My 7 year old asked about this gent the other day & as my policy is never lie to lie to him I was in a dilemma. My reply was 'what do you think?' I don't believe in answering questions with questions either but believe in this instance it was justified. He still believes for now so it worked!
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 09:26   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very difficult theres lies and white lies and also bullshi ,proper liars i despise! but nowt wrong with the rest.
Old 30-10-2005, 10:57   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Who of us have not lied at some point to gain an advantage, yet still believe ourselves to be as white as the driven snow? Unless you name ends in belle or is that Mel are something, whatever, I think all of you are fantastic people and I would never lie about such a thing, and yet you may say that I lied about being a liar which would me you not a bunch fantastic people Have I lost you there……Good.
Eh how come me & tinks was brought up here lmao - i dont lie or b'crap cos whats the point as i say to my kids liars always get caught out in the end!! & they do get found out

So whats the point
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 11:12   #12
God Member

It's like the puzzle

Two doors - one leading to paradise the other to hell - a guard outside each door. You are only allowed to ask one guard one question - one guard always lies and the other always tells the truth - how would you know which was the door to paradise?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 11:15   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
It's like the puzzle

Two doors - one leading to paradise the other to hell - a guard outside each door. You are only allowed to ask one guard one question - one guard always lies and the other always tells the truth - how would you know which was the door to paradise?
easy the one that feels right
Old 30-10-2005, 11:19   #14
I am Banned

Ive a poser Q for you all...

If your life or a loved one was at stake would you lie to save it???

errr yeh damned right i will do whatever it takes i wouldnt lie at all in general but some cases would have to mean so even if you didnt want to so it would mean i'd go against my principles but life is more important
Old 30-10-2005, 14:26   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I came into the chatroom just to see Tinks posting about 'another of Rindy's little lies'.
And ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Who of us have not lied at some point to gain an advantage, yet still believe ourselves to be as white as the driven snow? Unless you name ends in belle or is that Mel are something, whatever,
Explain please??

Lie ..... if it was to get myself out of trouble .... damn right I would. I'd lie and be able to prove it

I have an absolute disgust for compulsive liars, the type of people that you sit there while they tell you a story for half an hour and it's so obvious that it's blatant lies. When they finished you just sit there wondering why the hell you just wasted that half an hour of your life listening to that drivel!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 30-10-2005 at 14:28.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..