Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2007, 13:40   #1
Resident Waffler

Local School Choir's bid for fame

Any of you who have watched the search for Joseph on TV - to find the new star of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' may be aware that as well as a lead role they are also auditioning for a children's choir.

St Mary Magdalene's of Accrington have submitted their school choir. If you'd like to see them and hopefully to vote for them CLICK HERE. The voting has been temporarily suspended so please check back for when it's open again. It would be great if they were chosen and brought another little bit of fame to the town.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2007, 13:44   #2

Re: Local School Choir's bid for fame

Would be great for them if they got there, think everyone should vote for them that would be fantastic!
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 15:53   #3
God Member

One of my friends has a daughter at All Saints primary school in Clayton and they're auditioning for the choir in the Joseph show too.Would be great if a school in this area won the part.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 22:04   #4
Resident Waffler

The voting is now open again for anyone who wants to vote for Mary Magdalene's CLICK HERE - there's a short registration procedure to verify that people don't vote more than once for the same choir.

Old 21-05-2007, 22:31   #5
Give, give, give member

Voted. They were very good.

Moorlands in Clitheroe is currently ranked 4th, so we might get a Lancashire school selected.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 22:32   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

job done hope they do well.
Old 22-05-2007, 00:03   #7
God Member

Moor End from Ossy is listed as well , dont see any Skoos from Gt Harwood yet , if any one knows if one enters please give me a 'heads -up'
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 05:33   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I don't go for all this vote for this vote for that rubbish. The choir should be selected on merit and not on how many people know someone at the school and can summon up enough votes. Same goes for all these baby competitions in the paper when we get parents on here asking us to vote for their child.
Old 22-05-2007, 05:44   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't go for all this vote for this vote for that rubbish. The choir should be selected on merit and not on how many people know someone at the school and can summon up enough votes. Same goes for all these baby competitions in the paper when we get parents on here asking us to vote for their child.
your a miserable git , surely its better for the local kids to be on TV for singing songs praising Jesus/Joseph than the yobs from Clayton making the news for biting the heads off chickens .
Think most folks have 'fond' memories of the little lasses from St.Hildas/Winifreds singing Grandad
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 07:48   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I actually watched Moor End first, and was going to vote for my old school, then I saw a few others, before voting for Mary Magdalene's, who were very good.

I'm with you on baby competitions. All babies are beautiful.

Old 22-05-2007, 15:24   #11
white rabbits

Ive Now Just Watched Loads Of Choirs Thanks To This Thread,,theres So Many Good Ones
Old 22-05-2007, 15:26   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Think most folks have 'fond' memories of the little lasses from St.Hildas/Winifreds singing Grandad
You may need your ears syringed. The little darlings of St. Winifred's actually sang 'There's No-one Quite Like Garinda'.

Old 22-05-2007, 15:32   #13
Give, give, give member

Actress Sally Lindsay, star of Corrie, Phoenix Nights, Royle Family etc, was actually in St. Winifred's School Choir when it topped the charts in the eighties.

Full of useless information me.

Old 22-05-2007, 16:04   #14
Resident Waffler

Quote:

That's why I said "If" - I have not at any time said "Hey please vote for this school" - the link takes you to one particular school and personally I think it would be great if Accrington got some positive publicity by one of our schools getting to sing for Sir Andrew - but if you look at Grannyclaret you'll see she has watched loads of choirs and says there are lots of good ones. There's absolutely nothing to stop you voting for more than one. In fact I think you can vote for as many as you like but I'm not sure about that. There may be a limit.

The reason why I posted this thread is that you and others may have been totally unaware of this opportunity to listen to and vote for a local school - whether you do or not is entirely up to you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..