Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2008, 08:56   #16
God Member

Re: Lollipop Men And Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yours is ok, he does however stop the cars for just one child when you can see another not far away. I have seen terrible jams outside the school and instead of holding the kids back for 2 minutes so the cars/buses can sort themselves out he keeps stopping them.

In short he is usually ok but can sometimes be a menace
It annoys me that people park near the school, I never do, and it also annoys me when the buses come to take them swimming. Why can't they just come five minutes later when all the cars have gone?

So it's not the lollipop mans fault, it's mostly drivers that are the problem around there.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2008, 09:00   #17
Senior Member+

we had a problem with this at school thi morning.... someone was blocking the exit and a delivery van got stuck try to get out of the carpark. Theres a policeman thats started to stand out after school to stop them parking here they shouldnt (poor guy riding his bike up there lol) parking is awful.... Emzy has to park across from the college and walk the boys up to school.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 09:08   #18
Resting in Peace

I haven't been behind the wheel of a car for quite a while, but when I was driving one place I used to give a wide birth was St Mary's School on Mayfield, especially at afternoon home time, parents picking up their kids didn't park their cars they just abandoned them, 4 x 4s all over the place
Old 23-09-2008, 09:29   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
It annoys me that people park near the school, I never do, and it also annoys me when the buses come to take them swimming. Why can't they just come five minutes later when all the cars have gone?

So it's not the lollipop mans fault, it's mostly drivers that are the problem around there.
Your right Gayle but its not the ones trying to drive that cause the problem, its the parked cars that do. like these 3 below.

The Silver car parked first then the gold one then the bus came along. The first car was parked for at least 30mins, I was very early and there was no point going home so we waited. The silver car was visiting/lived at the house opposite so they must know how dangerous the road is.

The traffic was madness. I am not surprised that kids get knocked over on that road, there is no clear place to see if the road is safe to cross.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (47.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (46.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (51.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Neil; 23-09-2008 at 09:31.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 18:44   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats because you all carry sidearms
Nah .... that's A-m-e-r-i-c-a .... I wonder if US school crossing guards are armed? A lot of the kids going to school are packin', so it may make sense.

From the pics it seems as there is more than a little traffic congestion. How many cars do you guys have on that tiny island of yours anyway?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 18:50   #21
God Member

Eric - you can get an idea of how we are conjested with traffic by looking at some webcams here
KeepMoving - UK Traffic and Cheap Fuel Price Information

Ps rush hour is over now but at peak times Uk is like LA

Last edited by MargaretR; 23-09-2008 at 18:53.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 18:55   #22

My lollypop lady is grumpy and always late!! I always try to smile at her but she never smiles back and seems to enjoy stopping traffic!!! hehe
Old 23-09-2008, 19:39   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Eric - you can get an idea of how we are conjested with traffic by looking at some webcams here
KeepMoving - UK Traffic and Cheap Fuel Price Information

Ps rush hour is over now but at peak times Uk is like LA
I can think of only a few places where there is daily congestion on a large scale: GTA, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton maybe ... there again there aren't all that many of us over here
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..