Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 07:32   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Lost

Oooh, I am waiting with bated breath. There is a new series starting tonight on Channel 4 called Lost. It is about a plane crash in the Pacific Islands and all this spooky stuff starts happening to the survivors. I watched some of this programme in New Zealand earlier this year and decided that it woud be one programme that I could really get into. I have been waiting for it to come to the UK, so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight...

Let me know what you think of it if you watch it. I don't know how far into the series it was when I saw it in NZ but it is about 24 episodes long and the 3 episodes that I saw were beginning to get exciting...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2005, 18:05   #2

Re: Lost

Just set the video for the second part of Lost. I won't be watching it as i am not into spooky programmes, it's for the rest of the family. Must admit it does look good though.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 18:40   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

It's not frighteningly spooky, but as the series goes on you start to learn about the background of some of the characters and the reasons that they were on that flight in the first place. People start to disappear or get injured and the group start to question if one of their number might be not as they seem....

Like I said earlier, I only saw 3 episodes of this in NZ as it was on at night when we were chilling out. I was brassed off to be coming home as the last episode we saw ended on a cliffhanger...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 10-08-2005, 19:12   #4
God Member

I'm recording it, so I wont read this thread again, dont want anything to be given away
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 19:17   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we to will record it cos its split by that rubbish B.B. and certainly would prefer to watch it all at once, hadnt noticed it so ta lettie certainly worth a sneck.
Old 10-08-2005, 22:12   #6
God Member

WHOA................FAN DABBY DOZZIE, DEF ONE TO WATCH!!!!!!

Really enjoyed first couple of episodes and have already ringed it in tv mag so don't miss it next week. It's from the makers of Alias which is another programme I've always enjoyed (even though it ended up on the graveyard shift on ch5) and I can see similar styles as in it really gets into the characters involved. For anyone reading this thread who missed the 2 episodes tonight it is repeated saturday night on ch4.

It has the suspense, not overly gory at all (no more than a few injuries shown) and I think if it was to be a film it would prob have a 15 rating if that helps anyone to decide whether to watch it or not.

FAB

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:53   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

I'm glad it's repeated on Saturday as Sparks has asked me to tape it for him if it's repeated. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes though..

Old 11-08-2005, 07:06   #8
God Member

Only spoilt by the amount of adverts. (more than normal I thought) .. The credits where still appearing... then adverts... back to program and more credits............

Episode one was on CH4 split into two parts.............But later Episode Two (not the same as 2 part ep1) was on E4 the same night.... So now we are waiitng for ep 3 on E4 nxt wed and one episode in front of ch4 viewers
Old 11-08-2005, 07:27   #9
God Member

I loved it! It was really exciting and even though I was watching TV on my own I know I said 'wow' out loud after it had finished.

It's clever and smart and fast paced - all the things that we can't do in British drama. It's like ER meets Jurassic Park. Definitely recommend it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

I spoke to Sparks last night and he was asking why it had been shown in NZ earlier this year when it is an American made programme and not shown in the US first. I believe it is on in the US at the moment. The only thing I could suggest is that the tv companies in the States didn't think it would catch on, but it went down so well with our Antipodean friends that they finally decided to show it, and that's why it's now in the UK. My sister in law couldn't believe that they had this series in NZ long before we got it here (it's probably finished over there now), because believe me NZ tv is pretty diabolical.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:00   #11
mez
God Member

i missed it, & i was looking foreward to it, i picked that time to ring pendy..............say no more he he ........we did have a good old fashioned chin wag though he he .i will definitly catch it saturday night & follow it up.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:19   #12
Senior Member+

I really enjoyed the programme, can't wait for the next one.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:01   #13
Give, give, give member

I wasn't going to watch it because I thought it was science fiction.

Really enjoyed it, great filming and good characterisation.

Although I loathe science fiction I love being frightened. I used to love the disaster movies as a kid in the 70's, Earthquake, Poisidon Adventure, Towering Inferno etc.

Glad I'm not flying off on my holidays today though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Only spoilt by the amount of adverts. (more than normal I thought) .. The credits where still appearing... then adverts... back to program and more credits............

Episode one was on CH4 split into two parts.............But later Episode Two (not the same as 2 part ep1) was on E4 the same night.... So now we are waiitng for ep 3 on E4 nxt wed and one episode in front of ch4 viewers
Kipax the 2 shown on CH4 were actually the first 2 episodes and then E4 showed ep 3. I've read somewhere there are 16 in total. Adverts have become a real nightmare. More of them but shorter time

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I spoke to Sparks last night and he was asking why it had been shown in NZ earlier this year when it is an American made programme and not shown in the US first. I believe it is on in the US at the moment. The only thing I could suggest is that the tv companies in the States didn't think it would catch on, but it went down so well with our Antipodean friends that they finally decided to show it, and that's why it's now in the UK. My sister in law couldn't believe that they had this series in NZ long before we got it here (it's probably finished over there now), because believe me NZ tv is pretty diabolical.
Its on its second season here at the moment so I will tell you what happened in the first season.......................

if you want

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..