Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 15:47   #1

Lost dog, please help

We moved back to the area on Thursday after 2 years living in Lanzarote & brought back 2 dogs with us. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed by 24 hours due to the weather while the dogs flight was ok. This meant that my brother had to pick up the dogs & look after them for 24 hours & unfortunately while he was looking after them, one of them got loose.

He escaped from Rishton on Friday afternoon & we've had confirmed sightings of him in Rishton, Great Harwood & Clayton Le Moors, with possible sightings of him in Oswaldtwistle. He's an 18 month old German Shepherd who answers to the name Ozzy. He was wearing a red collar & is microchipped. People have tried to catch him but he's panicking like mad & running away-he was born in Lanzarote so doesnt know the area,isnt used to the weather & doesnt know where to come back to.

Please can you tell as many people as you can to keep an eye out for him- I dont know how many more of these freezing cold nights he can survive. If anyone sees him, they can ring the police or dog warden or ring me on 07960 279983 (sorry admin, I know I'm not supposed to post personal details but I'm desperate & would rather risk a few crank calls off non-members if it means getting him back safely.)

I've imcluded a couple of pics of him below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1ozzy_002.jpg (322.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_ozzy.jpg (349.2 KB, 22 views)
catht is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2010, 06:51   #2
God Member

Re: Lost dog, please help

hope he turns up hopefully the dog warden will get him

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 07:29   #3
Full Member+

I hope you get him back he is a beautiful dog. I dont know what we would do if we lost our Normie.
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 17:22   #4

Good luck in getting your dog back. Saw your appeal in the LET tonight as well.

Let's hope this story has a happy ending
Old 14-01-2010, 18:50   #5

try ringing aspen valley kennels in oswaldtwistle to see if he is there,if the dog warden had picked him up he wud take it there
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 22:19   #6

You can register him missing on DogLost
they have a lot of members in your area who will help you search and put up posters etc
hope you find him very soon
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 05:13   #7
Full Member+

Any news on Ozzy?
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 12:12   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Any news on Ozzy?
I've been wondering too US Angel ... hope this lovely dog has been found.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 18:52   #9

Sorry, my internet has been down for a few days so havent been able to get back on & update. Unfortunately we still havent got him back. We have a possible sighting of him yesterday in the Langho area, a GSD was wandering around on its own but by the time we had got the phone call & driven over, he had disappeared. We've notified all the dog wardens/kennels/police etc so if he is caught or handed in, we should get him back but even so, I've been ringing them all every couple of days to check but so far, nothing. Please all keep your eyes out for him. He has his own facebook group now-if anyone wants to join, I've put the link below
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
catht is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..