Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2003, 10:27   #1

Post lPUT MONEY BACK INTO THE PARKS

nice bandstand  could be used more ?but what about the park itself no flowers ,swings,paddling pool ,rubish all over how much did it cost us for the council to pick up the rubish after.
make all the parks better for all of accrington PUT THE MONEY BACK INTO PARKS NOT ON SPACE SHIPS UP THE COPPICE. make it safe for mums dads grandparents to go and visit ,use OUR MONEY not give it to ACCY STANLEY THEY GET MONEY FROM THE SPONSERS > ??? :-[
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2003, 11:08   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: lPUT MONEY BACK INTO THE PARKS

I assume you are talking about Oak Hill Park and the Festival ???
The festival is only one day a year, and gives a lot of enjoyment to a wide range of agegroups.
I don't think the clean up would have taken a lot out of the council's overall cleaning budget. Although if people took their own rubbish home, it would have eased the problem.
A paddling pool isn't a good idea in this day and age - think of the safety aspect.
The council are in the process of spending money on various park areas accross the borough, though whether Oak Hill is included in the plan I don't know. Why don't you contact them and make some enquiries?
I'm not into football, but surely the Accy Stanley plan is going to benefit the borough as a whole in the long run. There is the publicity aspect for the borough of course, and part of the deal is that something will be provided for the youth of the area - another thing you could find out about from the council.
Regarding the space ship - well, there's one born every minute ain't there!! Did we seriously think it would have happened?? :
More publicity for Accy though! ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 13:45   #3

I kninda agree with you there Tommy, (although I do think it's a good thing Accy stan get money) the parks around town are very sad. we used to hang out at the park at the bottom of the coppice and milnshaw park in the 70's. I was back for a few years in the late 90's and it was still the same stuff that was there and it was old when we used to play on it. I don't know if they've changed it since but if they don't do it soon some poor kids going to have a  very bad accident
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 14:14   #4
Resting in Peace

They (The council) are about to spend 5.5million on all the parks in the Hyndburn area
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 15:37   #5

you must be joking ?the money u r talking about is for all of the northwest
Old 06-08-2003, 15:55   #6
mini mash

There is to be 1.4 million pounds spent on developing play areas in the hyndburn borough alone, in a five year programme, with over a third of that money being spent in year 2003 - 2004.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:54   #7

where is the rest of the money going?
goverment  gave the money for greenspacers that allready exist, not for making new parks that was not there to begin with?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:55   #8
Caz
God Member

what new parks - and the rest of what money??

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-08-2003, 10:28   #9

I agree......more money should go into the parks. The problem is that in areas I have seen, the council spend money upgrading the parks, but the section  of the communities who the parks are for provided for (mainly the kids) seem to take great pleasure in vandalising the equipment. Only the minority I admit, but if there could be a way of stopping mindless vandalism maybe the councils would spend more on recreational areas for everyone so we can enjoy the facilities. Not having a go at the kids.........just the mindless minority! >
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:39   #10
Caz
God Member

[quote author=tommey link=board=general;num=1059992402;start=0#6 date=08/07/03 at 09:54:00]where is the rest of the money going?
goverment gave the money for greenspacers that allready exist, not for making new parks that was not there to begin with?[/quote]

the funding is coming from:

Area councils:
Developers:
The councils Capital Programme
European Regional Development fund

Most of the money for the Fairfield St play area (£70,000) is from an agreement with Barratt Manchester, who are creating a new housing development on the old Rists site.

Two new skateparks are planned for Rishton & Gt Harwood, which should give the older ones something to do.

It is the minority who spoil things for the rest of us Droo, I agree with that. But the problem goes far deeper than a lack of facilities.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-08-2003, 08:16   #11

the money for rishton, gt harwood came from community chest c.v.s and lotteries grants?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:46   #12
Caz
God Member

Suggest you contact Rosilyn Robson,
Neighbourhood Renewal, via Hyndburn First.
Or you local area council, or your local councillor.

They will be able to tell you exactly where the money is coming from, what it is being spent on, and when.

The hyndburn council website's a good place to start
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/

- Oscar Wilde
Old 09-09-2003, 07:28   #13
Senior Member+

I think they should give ASFC more.After all away fans coming in to Accy are leaving som revenue behind in the town.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..