Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 09:02   #31
God Member

Re: M.P. not welcome in Canada ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Long johns, a snow shovel, and some mosquito repellent
What about the skis snow shoes snowmobile n fur boots? Now theres a thought can GG not have a little snowmobile accident crossing a nice remote lake where rescue would take to long?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2009, 09:14   #32
God Member

Seeing as its that bad over there Eric here have a pressie that will keep you warm n mobile;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sm.jpg (3.6 KB, 4 views)

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 13:07   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
saw the same interview myself Shaker ..Canada has more or less the same rules on freedom of speech as here in the UK.. they rejected Galloway for reasons of he could be a threat to National Security.. the same reasons can be used here.. there's no doubt in my mind he can be classed as a threat if he was intending to incite opposition to the Canadian forces active in Afganistan.. as Eric has told us this is at time when the Canadian troops have suffered men killed today... I don't blame them for blocking Galloway.
I am sure the Canadian goverment will come under criticism from many regarding freedom of speech etc etc.
Canada is using common sense.Britain should take a page out of the Canadian book
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 09:25   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
I am sure the Canadian goverment will come under criticism from many regarding freedom of speech etc etc.
Canada is using common sense.Britain should take a page out of the Canadian book
They'll never get away with baring him from the country
Old 23-03-2009, 10:22   #35
God Member

I know that Galloway has been refused entry because he is automatically labelled as a terrorist threat, but I haven't got a clue why this has been sustained.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 16:55   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3 View Post
I agree Eric, Montreal is wonderful, that's why I live here.
Yes, I agree that Galloway shouldn't be let in to Canada.
Kingston is almost exactly halfway between Montreal and TO ... and if I get the yen to visit a major city, I choose St Catherine's over Yonge Street every time.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 19:14   #37
God Member

Galloway appealed the govt. decision ... and the Federal Court of Appeals upheld the decision of the Govt. of Canada ... so, he won't be coming here ... sometimes the govt. gets things right ... bottom line is: Canada considers Hamas to be a terrorist organization (that's a no-brainer), and anyone with links to any organization that Canada deems "terrorist" is not allowed into our country. Canada is our home; and we will decide who comes in.
Old 30-03-2009, 20:20   #38
God Member

Quote:
Galloway appealed the govt. decision ... and the Federal Court of Appeals upheld the decision of the Govt. of Canada ... so, he won't be coming here ... sometimes the govt. gets things right ... bottom line is: Canada considers Hamas to be a terrorist organization (that's a no-brainer), and anyone with links to any organization that Canada deems "terrorist" is not allowed into our country. Canada is our home; and we will decide who comes in.
I only wish that the UK would stick to the same criteria, but alas.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 09:50   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Would it be possible to send Brown and Smith over there for some lessons Eric, I think Britain is the only country in the world that any Tom, Dick and Abdul can come here, be refused entry and then allowed to stay indefinitely. However, one bright spot, yesterday an appeals court judge ruled that people who have been refused entry to this country are not allowed free medical care, which is a step in the right direction I suppose, that is until a human rites lawyer from "Noneses are Us" takes up the fight on their behalf
Old 31-03-2009, 18:54   #40
God Member

I think that the judge who heard the case over the weekend hit the nail on the head when he said that anyone who is not a Canadian does not have a "right" to enter Canada; entry into Canada is a "privilege, not a right".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..