Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 05:16   #1
God Member

Madness Returns

Well looks like the North Koreans have done it this time with its nuclear test. China gets 20 mins warning and the rest of the world find out thanks to a 4+ ricter scale earthquake. A paria state now has the bom in a very nervy part of the world so where do we go from hear. If N Korea ignores what China says then what chance for the rest of the worlds countries.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2006, 06:03   #2
God Member

Re: Madness Returns

Just read this on the bbc. I wonder what America is going to say.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:39   #3
God Member

I am more worried about what they will do. The Korean war only stopped due to a ceasefire and in theory could blow up again. The nuclear ambitions of N Korea could be construde as hostile and another notch up to war. The deciding factor this time will be wether they have like '50 - '53 Chinese support. There are already gitters in the fanancial markets and thats how to hurt the major western economies.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:10   #4
Resident Waffler

So far they have nuclear ability but they don't have anything small enough to make into a bomb and attach to a missile. It's doubtful they could even get it on board a plane.

What I find ironic is the statement "We will no longer be sending aid to North Korea" - they have been receiving aid and what have they been wasting this on instead of where it should have been going? - developing nuclear weaponry!!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
What I find ironic is the statement "We will no longer be sending aid to North Korea" - they have been receiving aid and what have they been wasting this on instead of where it should have been going? - developing nuclear weaponry!!
Its the same with Pakistan isn't it. Only yesterday the news reported on people living in shelters since the earthquake there and needing International aid. Haven't they been busy spending money on nuclear testing as well.

I think a preemptive strike on Korea would be a good idea. We could do with testing our nukes still work after all these years of stock piling.

After that maybe Pakistan and India might listen when we say stop developing nuclear weapons or they can have it next.
Old 09-10-2006, 14:28   #6
Resting in peace

It's a tough one this, one wonders what there motives are, what have they to gain from it?
Will the chinese support them?, the good lord couldn't tell you what they will do, I only hope Dubya Bush does not jump in feet first as he usually does.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 14:54   #7
God Member

Unless there is a firm stand that shows the world means business then what about Irans ambitions? To do nothing other than mump and moan will give tehran the green light to make their own A bomb and aim it at Isreal and we all have an idea what will happen then.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 17:12   #8
God Member

Seems a bit hypocrisy is creeping into the outrage and foot stamping being shown by the administration in Washington

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...2316/index.htm
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 19:40   #9
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
Seems a bit hypocrisy is creeping into the outrage and foot stamping being shown by the administration in Washington

A most enlightening article thank you.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 20:18   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack

From a quick read I get the impression DR is torn between getting dosh in the bank or war. For someone who was like a rabid dog over Iraq he seems now to have become a sloth ove N. Korea.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 20:23   #11
God Member

the 24 hour news channels are playing this up non-stop, now all the chatter is about the new Japanese Prime Minister not trusting the US/west for its defense so the fear being expessed is that Japan will change its constitution and start its own nuclear program
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 20:30   #12
God Member

Looks like a nuclear arms race could unfold and the Japanese are savy and skilled enough to do it in double quick time. Apt title now as we are close to a rerun of the cold war SE Asia style and god help us if it gets out of hand.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 20:41   #13
Senior Member+

and heres me thinking suggs n co were all set for a tour of accy

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 21:48   #14
God Member

Better start building our accyweb sponsored shelter? At least we'll keep each other entertained for about 40years.
Old 09-10-2006, 22:48   #15
Senior Member+

see what i think is that usa is nothing short of hypocritical

it uses the UN defence council to its own means...

example

india/pakistan test bombs and sanctions are placed by UN. usa/india sign big business deal - sanctions lifted. pakistan allows usa to use its soil for afganistan and iraq - sanctions lifted. usa refuses to supply pakistan with f-16's china agrees to supply pakistan with fighters. f-16's a few months later deleivered to pakistan.

the same will happen with this. russia and china who have very good diplomatic links wiht n korea will simply continue as normal and usa will realise its on the end of a financial disadvantage - esp when it comes to china and will take steps to improve relations.

with china on its doorstep - n korea is under no false illusions that it is s-asia's big boy. its not. the fact that usa has continued such a one sided support program of japan and s-korea its pushed n korea to facilitate its own defences.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..