Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 16:48   #1

Man who tried to commit suicide gets 90 grand payout

I have just read in the mail online about a man from Ossy who has been awarded 90 grand compensation. Apparently he tried to commit suicide, when taken to the hospital they gave him 4 times the amount of neutralizing drug which left him with severe burns to his arm. What is also sad is that he tried again to commit suicide 3 yrs later
I hope he is able to rebuild his life somehow now.

Man who tried to commit suicide wins £90,000 damages - from the hospital that saved his life | Mail Online
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2009, 16:58   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Man who tried to commit suicide gets 90 grand payout

I suppose just like anyone else that he is entitled to recompense if he received negligent treatment, but it does seem bizarre that they saved his life at the same time.

I hope he sees this as a blessing, and enjoys his life from now on.

Last edited by garinda; 05-03-2009 at 17:05.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 17:44   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I suppose just like anyone else that he is entitled to recompense if he received negligent treatment, but it does seem bizarre that they saved his life at the same time.

I hope he sees this as a blessing, and enjoys his life from now on.
I hope he can, but without proper treatment, including care and patience, what chance does he have?

Without real care he will just become another statistic, no matter what he does with the money.

Mental illness such as depression is ignored because often the only time the victim of it shouts out is when he/she is causing harm to themselves, even relatives get bored with the way they act!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 18:01   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I hope he can, but without proper treatment, including care and patience, what chance does he have?
Yeh, Less ... he still states even though he has got this money, he still feels empty, so obviously not well yet.

Although I scoffed at this on the front page of the Observer in Asda today, and made critical comments; after thought, he is entitled to this money if incorrect dosage was given to him, like in any medical treatment incorrectly treated by what sounds like extreme incompetence.

It has taken 6 years to get this claim through, maybe it kept him going. What's he going to focus on now? Perhaps think a little more of his wife. Depression must be awful and, yes, can get boring for those close to the sufferer, who have to live with it day in, day out. Please no bad karma for this remark .. do understand.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 18:01   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Without real care he will just become another statistic, no matter what he does with the money.

Mental illness such as depression is ignored because often the only time the victim of it shouts out is when he/she is causing harm to themselves, even relatives get bored with the way they act!
Sadly for many people the first chance they have to access the right help they need is after a failed suicide attempt.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 18:09   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yeh, Less ... he still states even though he has got this money, he still feels empty, so obviously not well yet.

Please no bad karma for this remark .. do understand.
No reason to give it, it's a difficult subject for Doctors, they blindly go because let's face it there isn't a real cure and that probably depresses the caring ones.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04   #7
Roy
Administrator

Absolutely unbelievable! I'm sure there are many people that this 90,000 could have helped before it went to this person.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..