Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 20:31   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Margaret Thatcher

I need to lie down in a darkened room, i agree with the birdman
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2013, 20:33   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A question then n opinion that implied i differed from that opinion, you dress it up how yeh wish, I stick by my opinion.
Old 09-04-2013, 21:00   #138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
At the end of the day - the Thatcher boom years were paid for by the sale of North Sea Gas - now we are all paying through the nose for energy after she privatised it all.
Absolutely correct we had enough Gas & Oil to have completely modernised the infra-structure of all manufacturing, not just coal mines, far better to waste it on her spiteful revenge than use it in a practical and sensible manner.

Quote:
The shares are now mainly in the hands of big business not the hands of the Common people as her policy was supposed to do. Also many council flats are also in the hands of mega-rich property developers and landlords - while now all over the land there is a shortage of council properties after Thatcher banned the building of new ones. Oh yeah
It was inevitable, almost everyone I know that bought shares back then soon found they had to sell them and who were the people waiting to buy them? Certainly not other small investors.
As for Council houses, similar to above, Folk bought the flat/house they'd lived in for years found it difficult to sell so they went to speculators that got them cheap as chips because these places were unsaleable but a good investment to rent out, Ka-ching!
pallyman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:04   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
At the end of the day - the Thatcher boom years were paid for by the sale of North Sea Gas - now we are all paying through the nose for energy after she privatised it all. The shares are now mainly in the hands of big business not the hands of the Common people as her policy was supposed to do. Also many council flats are also in the hands of mega-rich property developers and landlords - while now all over the land there is a shortage of council properties after Thatcher banned the building of new ones. Oh yeah
See yeh can talk sense when yeh want.
Old 09-04-2013, 22:08   #140
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Absolutely correct we had enough Gas & Oil to have completely modernised the infra-structure of all manufacturing, not just coal mines, far better to waste it on her spiteful revenge than use it in a practical and sensible manner
It's an argument that does have some merit until you put into the mix the following Less:
The country was being brought low by union militancy and ineffective management both economic and industrial.
While we were being outflanked and out thought by Japanese, American and Euopean manufacturing interms of productivity,quality control and just-in-time stock management, UK Ltd was sinking into a quagmire of wildcat strikes and restrictive practices.
There had to be change.
Without it, all the Oil revenues from the last century and possibly this one would not have promulgated these changes in the way you suggest.
Stevie R likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:10   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

One thing that cannot be denied about the bitch, dead or alive, she certainly provokes conversation.
Old 09-04-2013, 22:25   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
It's an argument that does have some merit until you put into the mix the following Less:
The country was being brought low by union militancy and ineffective management both economic and industrial.
While we were being outflanked and out thought by Japanese, American and Euopean manufacturing interms of productivity,quality control and just-in-time stock management, UK Ltd was sinking into a quagmire of wildcat strikes and restrictive practices.
There had to be change.
Without it, all the Oil revenues from the last century and possibly this one would not have promulgated these changes in the way you suggest.
I agree that changes were needed right across the board, unfortunately the changes that we got weren't the right ones, with the money that was being put into the pot many real changes could have been made that secured the futures of us and the many that are to follow.

Had she been brave instead of spiteful many more would now be praising her and saddened by her death.
cashman likes this.
Old 09-04-2013, 22:32   #143
God Member

news in from hell is that satan is been driven mental by her as she has already closed down 3 furnaces
kestrelx, cashman, Eric and 1 others like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:05   #144
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
news in from hell is that satan is been driven mental by her as she has already closed down 3 furnaces
I would think that she would find ways to make hell more sufficient. A way to make souls suffer 100% more. I would think this but hell does not exist
Old 09-04-2013, 23:36   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I would think that she would find ways to make hell more sufficient. A way to make souls suffer 100% more. I would think this but hell does not exist
Of course it exists, it was known by many as hell on earth and happened in the 80's.
Those of us alive now are going through the remake of it with the spineless liberals as willing partners with yet more suffering for the poor and unemployed.
pallyman likes this.
Old 09-04-2013, 23:44   #146
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course it exists, it was known by many as hell on earth and happened in the 80's.
Those of us alive now are going through the remake of it with the spineless liberals as willing partners with yet more suffering for the poor and unemployed.
If hell exists then only I live it and nothing else exists. Not even you - it's a disorder or an old charter or something
Old 10-04-2013, 00:53   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If hell exists then only I live it and nothing else exists. Not even you - it's a disorder or an old charter or something
Not only does hell exist it has 24/7 compulsory sex, doesn't sound too bad does it?
The thing is, it's an all male population!
Restless likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43   #148
Senior Member+

Lol. Whats that called where the subject believes only he is real?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:46   #149
Senior Member+

There is the ultimate dilemma. Protected or un protected though you are prob wrong. Its all female population
Old 10-04-2013, 07:05   #150
Senior Member+

Not the most popular thing I have said. Oops one too many drinks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..