Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2008, 11:35   #1
Junior Member+

Maundy Grange

I was recently in a very difficult domestic situation and had no idea where to look for help, so I rang Maundy Grange for advice. Dorothy McGregor was very sympathetic and helpful and was able to put me in touch with the right people. Things snowballed and I am now getting the help I so desperately needed. I would like to say a big Thank you to Dorothy and her team. They are providing a valuable and much-needed service to the community.
Old 15-04-2008, 11:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Maundy Grange

Dorothy is lovely, she helped me as well....its nice to be able to go there and have a coffee and a chat to people that understand what you are going through and know how to help.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 11:40   #3
God Member

Thats's great, she and the people that help her deserve a lot of praise and recognition!
Old 15-04-2008, 14:44   #4
God Member

I've also had help from Dorothy before, they're brilliant at Maundy Grange.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 16:26   #5
Resting in Peace

Maundy is one of the best organisations going, Dorothy is a wonderful person, very selfless, always puting others first
Old 15-04-2008, 16:27   #6
Give, give, give member

I've never needed any help, but Dorothy, and her staff, are lovely people to chat with.

I'm pleased you found the help you needed, and hope you get your life back on track very soon.

Good luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 16:47   #7
Loz

Yes Dorothy and all at Maundy are wonderful people i have had help from there myself and it really helped me get my life back on track.
I think it gets a lot of unfair criticism but they do provide a very much needed service for a lot of people and it is nice to see the positive comments so far.
Old 15-04-2008, 16:48   #8
Senior Member+

I wasnt aware of this when i needed help
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 17:17   #9
God Member

my ickle cousin Lucy is working with Dorothy at the moment, she's going around visiting people i think
Old 25-04-2008, 16:11   #10

I tend to give all my unwanted stuff to Maundy Manna now instead of to the other charity shops, I feel they are somehow more deserving as they are dealing with local people rather than nationwide like Oxfam, Scope et al. (That's not to say these shops aren't doing a good job!)

Jelly Baby

Last edited by jelly baby; 25-04-2008 at 16:15.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 16:28   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
I tend to give all my unwanted stuff to Maundy Manna now instead of to the other charity shops, I feel they are somehow more deserving as they are dealing with local people rather than nationwide like Oxfam, Scope et al. (That's not to say these shops aren't doing a good job!)
I'm with you there JB i'd rather support small local charities than the big nationals
Old 21-12-2009, 19:41   #12
God Member

Can I remind everyone, that if you have anything to spare or any food that is going to waste, they will always appreciate it at Maundy Grange. Perhaps you've bought an extra packet of mince pies or a cake that's too big - or perhaps you might be feeling generous and might want to buy them a few loaves and some cheese - they will be eternally grateful.

At this time of year it's a good time to do something good for someone else.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 10:40   #13
I am Banned

i too have benefitted from this wonderful,tireless organisation.They really are wonderful and Dorothy is Accringtons Mother Theresa.She has helped more people in this town than anyone,and for little reward.I hope the council realise this and make sure her name goes into local folk-lore.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..