Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2005, 20:56   #1
Senior Member+

McDonald To-Night

What a topical programme, to-night fire engines/crews being attacked hi-jacked by the youth /yobs/idiots of to-day. Attacked whilst out trying to protect the public. Where are these idiots coming from. The fire fighters have enough problems when on a call, not knowing what they are going to have to face. One young lady actually admitted to making houx calls so that her "mates" could hi-jack the fire engine. WHAT NEXT these idiots are our countries future, this is so SAD

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2005, 22:16   #2
I am Banned

Re: McDonald To-Night

these people in essence kill people by delaying emergency services and should be scentenced accordingly

no let offs for first time offences just jail the idiots for life

a life scentence in jail will make people think twice about doing it
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2005, 22:42   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it just gets worse, gaol for first offence should be mandatory for cretins like these.
Old 23-05-2005, 22:46   #4
white rabbits

wonder what they would do ,if their own house was on fire and their family were burned or worse ,,,and the fire brigade was out on a hoax call ????

THEY PROBABLY WOULDENT GIVE A DAMM !
Old 24-05-2005, 06:53   #5
Senior Member+

To who ever. Thank you very much for the negative Karma, at least you could have had the guts to add your name. So you think I'm a moaner for highlighting a very dangerous and stupid game on the fire service.
Its nice to know you have "friends"

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-05-2005, 07:16   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can't believe somebody gave you negative karma for raising this issue. This has been a problem for years and ambulance crews also receive this abuse. I think it's disgusting...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 07:23   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I can't believe somebody gave you negative karma for raising this issue. This has been a problem for years and ambulance crews also receive this abuse. I think it's disgusting...
Thank you lettie for your support, no I can't believe it either, but you can't please everyone all the time.

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-05-2005, 08:22   #8
I am Banned

you probably upset a hoax 999 caller

thats the only explination i can think of
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 17:18   #9

Unfortunately it is becoming a common occurence for the emergency services to come under attack. I totally agree that first offenders should be locked up. Likewise the hoaxers.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 17:36   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Unfortunately it is becoming a common occurence for the emergency services to come under attack. I totally agree that first offenders should be locked up. Likewise the hoaxers.
Not good though is it, someone could loose their life because of it. Fire engines equiped with CCTV, would be good if it were used to record how they tackle a particular fire, a good visual training aid for new fire fighters, but it will be used to protect them on route to a fire. However identification of these idiots may lead to locking them up.

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-05-2005, 22:06   #11
Senior Member+

We had a house fire when I was still at school; we lost everything,all I had was my school uniform and my games kit. If we had been in the house at the time all 5 of us;2 adults,3 kids would have been dead.Thankfully it happened when we were all out but the effects were awful.We were out of the house for nearly 2 months whilst it was made safe and all the poisonous gas that had leaked from the freezer was removed,it settles as dust and is lethal.I will never forget that feeling of total loss and to think that the idiotic pranks of immature kids could create this suffering makes me very angry!
Old 24-05-2005, 22:17   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
the person who gave you negative karma obviously does not agree with you and therefore must have NEGATIVE BRAIN CELLS
Old 25-05-2005, 06:09   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
the person who gave you negative karma obviously does not agree with you and therefore must have NEGATIVE BRAIN CELLS
Thank you for your support cashman

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-05-2005, 12:33   #14
God Member

I don't understand the mentallity of it at all. I have 2 lads one aged 12 and one aged 13 and we were talking about this not long ago and they couldn't understand what was so cool about hoax calls. And without prompting they actually brought up the "Don't they realise someone else could die in a genuine call out??" Hey just realised I must be doing something right with my kids then!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 12:38   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
I don't understand the mentallity of it at all. I have 2 lads one aged 12 and one aged 13 and we were talking about this not long ago and they couldn't understand what was so cool about hoax calls. And without prompting they actually brought up the "Don't they realise someone else could die in a genuine call out??" Hey just realised I must be doing something right with my kids then!!!!!
I think you must, good on your boys the future is bright for them.

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..