Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2007, 07:42   #1

Mean and rude!

who are the rudest and meanest tourists in the world

according to this we are!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...266994,00.html

with the french on top!

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2007, 07:52   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Mean and rude!

We were top of the poll five years ago. Standards are slipping.

We need to pull up our dirty, off white, nylon socks, and climb back to the top, were we belong.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 08:08   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
We were top of the poll five years ago. Standards are slipping.

We need to pull up our dirty, off white, nylon socks, and climb back to the top, were we belong.
Have we met?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 08:27   #4
God Member

the americans are by far the worst tourists i have ever encountered......i have been to hawaii and mexico(twice) and their attitude towards the locals was extremely rude, they treted them like slaves...especially the mexicans they definately treated them as second class citizens in their own country....i don`t think please and thank u were in their vocabulary whereas the brits were really kind and curtious.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 08:30   #5
God Member

and don`t get me started on the french and italians who visit disneyland paris!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-05-2007, 08:32   #6
God Member

I try and avoid like the plague anywhere that is popular with Brits on holiday, especially in European resorts.
Old 23-05-2007, 09:11   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think it more depends on were you go, the brits win hands down in cetain resort,our scum/chavs can beat anyone(literally) know what lancsdave means, but we tend to avoid the places this lot go. brits on holiday in other resorts,i find as good as anyone.
Old 23-05-2007, 10:40   #8
God Member

I find that we are probably the worst tourists around Europe's 'EasyJetLovesChavs' destinations.

However a lot of Americans take vacations within their own country - where they are at their most petulant, rude and crass. The best example of this is at the Grand Canyon - they're so obnoxiously proud of it, it's unbelievable.
It's like they think God chose them especially and put it there for them.
Either that or they think they dug it themselves!

...and let's face it if they had've done they'd have got us Irish boys to do it anyway

Last edited by shakermaker; 23-05-2007 at 10:43.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 11:56   #9

germans for me
Old 23-05-2007, 12:42   #10
God Member

I spend most of my time living quite close to a couple of the capital's major tourist attractions and as such I encounter them on a daily basis. However, I do not differentiate between them - I treat them all with the contempt they deserve. When they ask for directions in broken English I pretend not to understand; when their English is reasonable and they ask for directions, I send them in the opposite direction. I tell them to get on the wrong buses and catch the wrong tube. I am often stopped and asked, right in front of a tourist attraction if that is indeed the said attraction; because these people are so stupid I tell them it is not.When it is the incorrect building or bridge, I tell them it is the correct one and as such I often offer to take their piccy's in front of the said structure. Yep, i make sure they enjoy their visit to our fine metropolis.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 13:53   #11
Resting in peace

I once had a collection in Wolverhampton at Villiers Engines, I stopped and asked this bloke leant on a wall, "can you tell me where I can find Villiers Plant mate", "go ask a copper man" was his reply, I looked up there was a sign about 10 feet tall pronouncing 'Villiers Engine Depot', the fool was leant on it.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 18:06   #12
God Member

I wonder how Canadians rate ... maybe we are just too nice unless we are playing hockey. In Canada, no one likes the American tourists. A friend of mine who manages a restaurant told me that Americans often ask for their change in US dollars! They seem quite put out when they are refused and informed that Canada is an independent nation and not some cute backwater of their own country.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 20:08   #13
God Member

don`t know much about the canadians as tourists but on my visit on my brief visit to toronto i found the canadians great,genuine, friendly people.
Old 23-05-2007, 22:42   #14
Give, give, give member

The tourists of all nationalities who make it to Britain, particularly the ones I came across whilst living in London, were very polite.

The people I'm ashamed to say are the worse, who I avoid whilst abroad, are the Brits, and I think we should be put back to the top of the table.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 23:01   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
especially the mexicans they definately treated them as second class citizens in their own country....i don`t think please and thank u were in their vocabulary whereas the brits were really kind and curtious.
Maybe Americans should come to Accy and follow some of the examples set by some of population when speaking to your Ethnic populations
and as for the use of 'Please' and 'Thank-you' come on get real , those words are completly alien to the average Brit under the age of 35 , if a sentance doesn't contain the F word, B word or C word its 75 % sure the speaker is from out of Hyndburn
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..