Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 01:16   #1
God Member

Merchant's Harbour ....

Ok, Copenhagen ... I hear that the conference opened with a new piece for violin, written and performed by Nero. I do believe that global warming will increase in intensity fueled by the hot air coming out of this conference. Reminds me of a little thing from the Scottish Play: this conference will be nothing more than "a tale told by an idiot/Full of sound and fury/Signifying nothing." Maybe I'm being a tad cynical; but does anyone have any confidence that anything worthwhile will come of this media circus?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2009, 08:26   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Merchant's Harbour ....

think theres more chance of me being struck by lightening, will be much saying n very little doing, which is the norm fer these jaunts.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think theres more chance of me being struck by lightening, will be much saying n very little doing, which is the norm fer these jaunts.

Don't forget they will come up with stupid ideas that will end up costing us all more money
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Don't forget they will come up with stupid ideas that will end up costing us all more money
Ain't that always the case Neil
Old 08-12-2009, 09:33   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok, Copenhagen ... I hear that the conference opened with a new piece for violin, written and performed by Nero. I do believe that global warming will increase in intensity fueled by the hot air coming out of this conference. Reminds me of a little thing from the Scottish Play: this conference will be nothing more than "a tale told by an idiot/Full of sound and fury/Signifying nothing." Maybe I'm being a tad cynical; but does anyone have any confidence that anything worthwhile will come of this media circus?

A lot of Countries will be taken it seriously. The country next to yours is the problem Eric.

If America goes to Copenhagen determined to drag their feet on climate change, then you would think that much will come out of Copenhagen.

Although with Obama in the White House there might just be a chance. Lets hope so anyway.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37   #6

It's jobs for "the boys", remember Rio 1992 or Kyoto 1997?
The main polluters at the moment are mad scientists trailing round the World and by the way what happened to Acid Rain?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 18:25   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
A lot of Countries will be taken it seriously. The country next to yours is the problem Eric.

If America goes to Copenhagen determined to drag their feet on climate change, then you would think that much will come out of Copenhagen.

Although with Obama in the White House there might just be a chance. Lets hope so anyway.
And to make the problem worse, our present govt. .... effing tories ... have announced that they will go along with whatever the US does To put this in a little perspective, a recent Decima poll showed that 83% of Canadians disagree with this.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35   #8
God Member

its interesting that 35 years ago the scientific community were bleating on about the coming ice-age , wonder how much of this ju-ju science is coming out of independant labs and not Govt. funded universities.

In 1974, the National Science Board announced: "During the last 20 to 30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade. Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end…leading into the next ice age."

The Fiction Of Climate Science - Forbes.com

How can any sane person in this day and age believe anything coming out of the mouth of any politician (on both sides of the Atlantic) as the truth , everyone of them reminds of my local GP during my annual medical exam when he snaps on the rubber gloves and tells me to "relax it won't hurt".

Last edited by steeljack; 09-12-2009 at 02:37.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:45   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
its interesting that 35 years ago the scientific community were bleating on about the coming ice-age , wonder how much of this ju-ju science is coming out of independant labs and not Govt. funded universities.

In 1974, the National Science Board announced: "During the last 20 to 30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade. Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end…leading into the next ice age."

How can any sane person in this day and age believe anything coming out of the mouth of any politician (on both sides of the Atlantic) as the truth , everyone of them reminds of my local GP during my annual medical exam when he snaps on the rubber gloves and tells me to "relax it won't hurt".
That the future of our species is at the mercy of political ideology to the point where "we, the people" don't have a damn thing to say about it is really scary.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:10   #10

In 1976 there was the great drought and "Global Warming" wasn't mentioned now they are trying to tell us that the last ten years have been the hottest ever!!!!!!!!!
Where are they taking the temperature?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:26   #11
God Member

If you google Climategate you will realise that this whole conference is a scam to raise 'carbon tax' to finance world government.
I think that it is wonderful that there have been several spanners flung in already

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

It's not only politicians that are going on about climate change.There's a lot of compelling scientific evidence also for climate change.

In my view we owe it to future generations to take the warnings seriously.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:28   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cracking link steeljack which just re-affirms my long held belief that its all "Cobblers" far as i'm concerned its just nature changes over centuries.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:42   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cracking link steeljack which just re-affirms my long held belief that its all "Cobblers" far as i'm concerned its just nature changes over centuries.
I agree cashy now the left and right can't be wrong, can they
Old 09-12-2009, 09:45   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
It's not only politicians that are going on about climate change.There's a lot of compelling scientific evidence also for climate change.

In my view we owe it to future generations to take the warnings seriously.
There is evidence that the whole Solar System is changing and reducing pollution will be like bailing out a lifeboat with a thimble.
PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF THE EARTH AND LIFE
Humanity has survived similar before, so there is no reason to be fearful.
Just hang on, expect the unexpected, and be ready for the roller coaster ride.
This is an exciting time to be alive

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..