Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2005, 17:15   #16
God Member

Re: Merci beaucoup

Maybe the power they have has gone to their heads. Either that or there is a serious shortage of police at that time of day.
Cant have them missing a cuppa can we.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2005, 17:33   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
What baffles me is how you know the police cars were rushing over Barden Bridge towards the M61. Burnley is 20 odd miles from the M61.
?? What's Burnley got to do with it. ? Was there at the time like, and traffic news said just bin a bump at Junction 9 M61 with a lorry, so just logical deduction my dear Watson. Anyway decided to do M66 instead.
You lot being cynical again, I happen to have great respect for our police force and just thought was good public relations, that's all.
Always polite to me when I have been stopped, and never stood on my head; have played the dumb little woman with fluttering eyelashes though on occasions, and can't imagine this had anything to do with it !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 17:42   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
?? What's Burnley got to do with it. ?
Barden Bridge is in Burnley, believe it or not, on Barden Lane.

Quote:
Junction 9 M61 with a lorry, so just logical deduction my dear Watson. Anyway decided to do M66 instead.
Ive got it now, you were on Barton Bridge. Good job you hadn't broken down and phoned the AA or RAC. They'd still be searching for you all over Burnley.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 17:57   #19
God Member

Got to admit that I had to read the first post half a dozen times before I understood what you were on about Katie. In the end just decided that you'd been on the red wine and best to not try and understand.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 18:03   #20
God Member

I'm afraid I have to second gayle on that one

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 18:21   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Barden Bridge is in Burnley, believe it or not, on Barden Lane.

Ive got it now, you were on Barton Bridge. Good job you hadn't broken down and phoned the AA or RAC. They'd still be searching for you all over Burnley.
Oh yeh ! sorry never actually seen this written down and us Lancs people slip into a lazy 'd' sometimes instead of a 't' don't we. Phew, that got me out of that one.

Bet can find my way around Uk better than you can da-da.

Well .. Gail that bottle did go down rather well after I got home.

Just before I go. A lady at work's husband was down in Devon this week and asked the way to Chittlehampton" Going down this country lane he asked a gentleman on foot "How do you get to Chittlehampton". After a short hesitation he replied "My brother-in-law takes me" LOL. Was this North/South divide on the way we ask questions ?? Lied about the place, couldn't remember where she said.
Old 25-11-2005, 18:23   #22
God Member

Katie, how long have you known me? GAYLE, GAYLE, GAYLE - oh, well, at least it's better than you calling me Clare. lol

Old 25-11-2005, 18:25   #23
Resting in Peace

Aw shucks, only had one glass of red too yet ... humble apologies.
Old 25-11-2005, 18:28   #24
God Member

One!!!! It's half past seven girl, you're slowing down a bit aren't you?

Old 25-11-2005, 18:44   #25
Resting in Peace

Saving meself for tomorrow night's meet ... gotta find some confidence from somewhere ... adrenalin pumping already.
Old 25-11-2005, 18:44   #26
God Member

Quote:
Bet can find my way around Uk better than you can da-da.
I wouldn't want to get dragged into a sexist argument, perish the thought. Have a read at this and tell us what you think.

Why women are worse at map-reading than men:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&in_a_source=

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 18:49   #27
God Member

Quote:
Saving meself for tomorrow night's meet ... gotta find some confidence from somewhere ... adrenalin pumping already.
Oh dear, watch out everybody!!!

Sorry, I can't be there - that doesn't give you an excuse to dish the dirt!

Sure you'll have a good time. I could warn you about certain people but best you find out for yourself. lol

Old 25-11-2005, 20:25   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I wouldn't want to get dragged into a sexist argument, perish the thought. Have a read at this and tell us what you think.

Why women are worse at map-reading than men:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...0&in_a_source=
Can't really put an arguement up against this as not a Professor of Brain Matter or Stastitics. Only know that men would never admit to driving round and round a motorway before they sorted out the correct exit. Unfortunately, us women would do and, therefore, that becomes a stastitic in someone's book. That to me is the big difference!!
I think there is something primeval when women are navigating for their partners/husbands and it is a matter of 'you the leader; me the follower' ... so get on with it. We don't try so hard .. a sort of attention seeking for protection.
I myself have turned many a wrong corner, but always been able to get myself back on track USING A MAP .. never have to use my sat.nav. and don't use the map upside down either. I'm sure lots of my 'fellow' .. gawd that's ironic ... ladies have too.
Agree we have different brains, but feel this is just a matter of experience, etc.
Old 25-11-2005, 20:31   #29
Resting in Peace

P.S. to my last post, once read, probably in Daily Mail that men always knew which was North and South without any clues such as sunset, etc., tried this on a few guinea pigs and, nah, they would have finished up going through the Channel Tunnel instead of over the Forth Bridge.
Old 25-11-2005, 21:21   #30
God Member

We go looking for tree moss the guinea pigs would eat it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..