Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2007, 20:03   #1
Senior Member+

Mike Reid (actor) - Dead

Sky News reporting he's died of a heart attack - aged 67.

Beeb report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6921549.stm
Old 29-07-2007, 20:53   #2
God Member

Re: Mike Reid (actor) - Dead

Oh that's sad news.I liked him in Eastenders as Frank Butcher.That scene where he turned up at Pat's house naked except for a flashing bow tie was my favourite scene.I believe he was a good comedian too.RIP Mike.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 21:25   #3
Senior Member+

Famous for Runaround too. Probably the worst kids programme ever.
Old 29-07-2007, 21:28   #4
God Member

RIP Mike, used to love Runaround thought it was great.
Old 29-07-2007, 22:58   #5
God Member

With you on that one Grego, loved runaround too. RIP Mike

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 23:24   #6
Full Member+

Great shame ! Wasn't a bad actor in 'Enders,but as a comedian was top notch !! Anyone who watched" Mike Reid Live"(video) would know !! R.I.P. me owd china !

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 23:34   #7
Accy Goddess

Oh, what a shame. He was brilliant in eastenders and a very funny man R.I.P Mike.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 10:23   #8
Senior Member+

Ahh bless what a shame what a lovely guy. RIP Mike. x
Old 30-07-2007, 20:45   #9

I remember him in a steptoe and son film. he was the comedian with the Stripper Zeta! rest in peace
Old 30-07-2007, 21:14   #10
Senior Member+

running the risk of getting lynched, and not wanting to sully the memory of Mike Reid, as i am sure he was a nice bloke,but..........................and here is my point, i never met the guy, so i dont know if he was a "nice guy or not", and im guessing most people posting on his demise never met him either, so why do we leave comments like "nice guy" and the sort about people we never met, and we only ever saw their persona they wanted us to see, mike the comedian, or actor, wasnt mike reid the person, it was just his job we didnt know him!

oh and runaround was tops!!!!!!!!
rrrrrrrrunARAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 21:21   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
running the risk of getting lynched, and not wanting to sully the memory of Mike Reid, as i am sure he was a nice bloke,but..........................and here is my point, i never met the guy, so i dont know if he was a "nice guy or not", and im guessing most people posting on his demise never met him either, so why do we leave comments like "nice guy" and the sort about people we never met, and we only ever saw their persona they wanted us to see, mike the comedian, or actor, wasnt mike reid the person, it was just his job we didnt know him!

oh and runaround was tops!!!!!!!!
rrrrrrrrunARAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Know what you're saying.I think what we actually mean was that he seemed like a nice guy although we never met him.We liked what we saw of him and that's all we have to go on.People generally say things like that when famous people die.Most people in this country never met Princess Diana but there was a mass outpouring of grief when she died because people liked what they'd seen of her.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 21:27   #12

R.I.P. Mike you will be sadly mist.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 21:29   #13
Senior Member+

thats the point tottally, how shallow we all are, grieving the loss in our lives of somebody we didnt even know, just their media persona, i just find it strange.
although i met diana as a kid, and she was nice to me!, when she went down to express gifts
Old 30-07-2007, 21:46   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
thats the point tottally, how shallow we all are, grieving the loss in our lives of somebody we didnt even know, just their media persona, i just find it strange.
I don't see it as shallow at all. It's a kind of empathy that we feel and although we didn't know the man personally, we can imagine what it must be like for his family and close friends.
Old 30-07-2007, 21:55   #15
Senior Member+

ok, so for arguements sake, and this is nothing against anybody alive or dead, but celeb "A" dies and everyone says AHHHHH then we find out from his nearest and dearest he was a violent alchi, systamatically beat his wife and kids, kicked little puppies, stole from the poppy box, never bought a round, i am sure you get where i am going, that doesnt make us shallow, all because they made us laugh on TV? and we will miss them, when those close to them wont miss them that much, im sorry but i think it does

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..