Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 19:48   #31
God Member

Re: Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Yes, this is absolutely NOTHING to do with milk consumption and everything to do with poverty, the exact same sort of poverty you see within every single race on the planet. Thanks for that insightful observation.
Agree , its got nothing to with milk , was just responding to YOUR thread wander/waffle . just so you know , the cost of a live turtle for a dinner is quite high (higher than a good steak) so its not a question of poverty .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 19:58   #32
God Member

If you had watched the lecture before commenting you would know that babies fed with cows milk end up with lower IQs than breast fed babies

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:10   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Agree , its got nothing to with milk , was just responding to YOUR thread wander/waffle . just so you know , the cost of a live turtle for a dinner is quite high (higher than a good steak) so its not a question of poverty .
Nothing wrong with dairy milk which is full cream milk, I have been drinking it for years and have not experienced a snotty nose because of it.
My favourite for many years was full cream Jersey milk, sadly you cant get that anymore.
Milk that has been kicked about and boiled is now the order of the day.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:14   #34
God Member

I have a bit of a strange relationship with milk - if I were to drink a glass of it, when I didn't need it then the chances are it would make me feel sick. But sometimes, (not often), my body craves it and I have to have some. Usually, I have it on cereal as I'm not keen on the taste but sometimes I drink a milkshake. It must be a calcium thing - when I have some and don't need it, it's like an overload of it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:50   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If you had watched the lecture before commenting you would know that babies fed with cows milk end up with lower IQs than breast fed babies
So I guess Margaret Thatcher was right and doing a public service when she stopped school milk , and the resulting rise in the national IQ can be witnessed any Friday/Saturday night in any town center

think you will find that breast fed babies in western society may have a higher IQ because they spend more time being 'nurtured' by close contact with the Mother.

Last edited by steeljack; 09-09-2009 at 20:52.
Old 09-09-2009, 20:51   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
So I guess Margaret Thatcher was right and doing a public service when she stopped school milk , and the resulting rise in the national IQ can be witnessed any Friday/Saturday night in any town center

that confuses me.... children at school, drinking school milk arent usually at the age you breastfeed so wouldnt make a difference to them....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:53   #37
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Nothing wrong with dairy milk which is full cream milk, I have been drinking it for years and have not experienced a snotty nose because of it.
My favourite for many years was full cream Jersey milk, sadly you cant get that anymore.
Milk that has been kicked about and boiled is now the order of the day.
You are lucky then in that respect.
I restrict my intake of milk because I know it will give me terrible catarrh, and if I get a bad chest, then I don't have milk at all. It seems that many of us on here have similar symptoms from ingesting milk.

I steer clear of cheese too.......and cream, well I can get away with that sometimes....I suppose it is just as well that I don't really like milk very much.
I would eat mature cheddar cheese every day if I could......I love it, but it doesn't like me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:56   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
that confuses me.... children at school, drinking school milk arent usually at the age you breastfeed so wouldnt make a difference to them....
they are still growing and going thru mental development , young children are the "canaries in the coal mine" for exposure to bad substances
Old 09-09-2009, 20:57   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well my two were both fed with cows milk and their IQs are at the top of the scale - Maddie especially. In fact, she's off the reading scale for young people because they stop at age 14, she's 9!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:59   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well my two were both fed with cows milk and their IQs are at the top of the scale - Maddie especially. In fact, she's off the reading scale for young people because they stop at age 14, she's 9!!!!
Wow - think what they might have been

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:59   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
they are still growing and going thru mental development , young children are the "canaries in the coal mine" for exposure to bad substances
ok. sre margaret meant breast milk not formula (cows milk)

less chance of becoming obese in later life as well because breastfed babies leanr how to controll what they eat ealier ( please note that i said LESS chance not NO chance )

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 09-09-2009, 21:02   #42
Beacon of light

The behaviour you talk of on a Friday and Saturday night has nothing to do with milk consumption, and I reckon, not much to do with IQ either(since the Oxbridge towns have just as much of a problem as anywhere else)....except that the alcohol abuse will result in the death of millions of brain cells of those who have over-indulged.
The behaviour to which you refer, is related to the availability and cheapness of alcohol, and of course society's acceptance of such behaviour.
Nothing at all to do with milk.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 21:05   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You are lucky then in that respect.
I restrict my intake of milk because I know it will give me terrible catarrh, and if I get a bad chest, then I don't have milk at all. It seems that many of us on here have similar symptoms from ingesting milk.

I steer clear of cheese too.......and cream, well I can get away with that sometimes....I suppose it is just as well that I don't really like milk very much.
I would eat mature cheddar cheese every day if I could......I love it, but it doesn't like me.
That seems like a personal allergy problem, nothing to do with the product.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 21:06   #44
God Member

Best thing to make from milk apart from custard n in a brew is a strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. As for health issues around it well sod em its natures natural food.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 21:09   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Best thing to make from milk apart from custard n in a brew is a strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. As for health issues around it well sod em its natures natural food.
.....if you are a calf...................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..