Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 12:14   #1
Give, give, give member

Mindless vandalism.

Last night I was disturbed by the flashing lights of a police van and a fire engine at around 2am.

I've just asked my neighbour if he knew what had happened last night. Apparently vandals had a bonfife with all the benches and railings at Foxhill Bank nature reserve in Oswaldtwistle.

My neighbour is one of the volunteers who help maintain the infrastructure of the nature reserve, and he said at least £2,500 of damage has occured.

This is after the volunteers had all their work ripped up the day after they did it earlier in the year.

There isn't the finances to replace what has been burnt, therefore we now have a nature reserve with no benches, no handrail and no viewing platform for people to watch and enjoy the varied wildlife.

The vandals win again.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2005, 12:26   #2
God Member

Re: Mindless vandalism.

a tip for you, once contour homes takes on Hyndburn Homes, they need to apply for some community funding from them as usually there is a pot of money that is set aside to support things in the communities where they have housing!!!

As for the vandals who did this.................

YOU SICK $*%&*!!!!!! Grrrrrr

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:29   #3
Give, give, give member

Thanks Red, I'll pass that information on.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:51   #4
God Member

I don't know if anyone else is aware of this, but Ossy Mills, as part of their "sponsorship" package of Church & Ossy railway station have quite an elaborate CCTV system hooked up there which directly feeds back to their main building.

Many of you will have seen nature programes where hidden cameras are used to film the activities of various wildlife, so it would seem to me there is no contradiction between CCTV and a nature reserve.

What a marvellous investment opportunity, then, for Ossy mills to stick some CCTV (with night-infared vision) on the nature reserve. Not only could they have a direct feedback to their shopping complex (maybe stick in a large screen in the cafe area) but this would surely serve as a deterrent effect to the likes of the scum who did this.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 17:17   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

when we was down with the dog at weekend there was 2 = 16-17 year olds sat on the bench by the lake with a tray of 24 cans unopened and they were already drinking others,thought drinking in public was now taboo? we go frequently there and have never seen any kind of patrol,so cctv may be a valuble aid in catching scumbags, though the courts will be a valuble aid in letting them off, where the HELL are we at?
Old 09-08-2005, 17:40   #6
God Member

B*stards. To add to that, they nicked a bench from outside of my house to add to the bonfire - we wondered what had happened to it and now we know.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 17:48   #7
Give, give, give member

We shouldn't give into them, but sadly finances say on this occasion, we have to.

When the trees aren't in leaf l can see the area they congregate from my bedroom window. Perhaps I should ask Father Christmas for a gun.

Old 09-08-2005, 19:33   #8
God Member

These people really make my blood boil, its a complete lack of respect, due to lack of discipline, they need a good kickin, can we raise a bit of money at the next meet perhaps, raffle...? I know I would donate a bottle of something as well as a few naff items.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 19:37   #9

When the trees aren't in leaf l can see the area they congregate from my bedroom window. Perhaps I should ask Father Christmas for a gun.[/QUOTE]

Only if its a 12 bore set on wide to get as many of the bu'''rs as possible.
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 19:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
. Perhaps I should ask Father Christmas for a gun.
Why not a hand granade, then you can get the mindless yobs all a one go.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 19:51   #11
I am Banned

the annoying thing is that if caught their parents probably wont care less what their kids have done :-(
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 20:23   #12
God Member

Lets start bonfires next to their homes at ungodly hours whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Their parents can then see how it feels when their little spats do to others. These 1/2 wits never start trouble on their own patch.
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 20:37   #13

You can't set bonfires next to their homes, it isn't their fault they do these things. When they were kids daddy pinched their lollipop so how can we expect the poor little b*stards to even attempt to live a normal life taking other people into account.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 20:42   #14
Member.

Woodscape at Church make fire retardant produce so that retards like these can’t always get their own way. This is obviously is a police matter and the usual whinging won’t resolve matters. I’ve never see this area but I would be interested in having a look round which I plan to do at weekend.

Again I would be more than happy to get involved with a community project to help put matters right, even throw a few bob at it if need be, but we have to involved HBC and local commercial interests to get realistic funding together…..any ideas? ……..Mrs Knight?

http://www.woodscape.co.uk/frame.htm

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 20:44   #15
God Member

The way soceity is at the moment it was proberly the mum that stole the lollypop and hocked it for a batch bof skunk.
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..