Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2007, 12:27   #1
Senior Member+

Mobile Phone sales Calls from India

After getting around 3 companies a week ringing me up offering me a mobile phone. I decided I would try and resolve the problem myself.

What I now do when they ring is keep them on the Phone for as long as possible, you woudnt believe how persistant they can get and repetative. even will stay on hold for 15 mins whilst I just answer the door.

The longest I have had them on for is around 1 hour.

But after doing this for about a 2 months or so I have not had a call for a good few weeks now?

Have I found away of getting rid of them? Wasting there time so I am removed from there data base.

I know I could do the FPS thing but im lazy.

Anyone else get bothered by these? the above method seems to of worked for me and I can say has given me some sore sides from laughing.
Old 19-01-2007, 12:34   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Mobile Phone sales Calls from India

thats one way of doing it I suppose!! but i went on the TPS... http://www.tpsonline.org.uk and have no call whats so ever, so it does work, but if I do get one i think ill try what you done,I could make a brew while they yappin!
Old 19-01-2007, 13:07   #3
Resident Waffler

This was how I dealt with it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 13:24   #4
Senior Member+

Brilliant Willow, i'm gonna try that when they next ring, which will no doubt be this evening!!!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 18:43   #5
I am Banned

start talking dirty with them and ask if they have special rates for peopel who sleep with animals or dead people

that usualy disguusts them enough to hang up
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 18:50   #6
God Member

I can think of a few answers but will keep them to myself. One hint though batteries are needed.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 19:02   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my fella usually says its the blackburn mortary!!
they ask for such a name and he says 'are you a relative of the deceased'?
they are that shocked they usualy hang up, unless they as thick as they sound
Old 20-01-2007, 01:12   #8
Resting in peace

I wouldn't worry about the phone calls we get from India, if them crafty beggars arn't worried about how long they stop on line, i'd be worried about who's paying for them, because if it's them it will be a first.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 03:57   #9
Resting in Peace

Not wanting to be classed as alarmist but just make sure that you are not being charged for the call!!!

Had an auto-ringer, Nov 06, which then rang another phone and they started to talk the sales pitch I just said NO THANKS and put phone down when phone bill came in strange how I had rang them (luckly on cost £0.02p **+vat**) so I dont keep them on.

Will apply for TPS sometime today after getting up!!!!

Last edited by Ber999T; 20-01-2007 at 03:58. Reason: blasted typos again
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 11:39   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I wouldn't worry about the phone calls we get from India, if them crafty beggars arn't worried about how long they stop on line, i'd be worried about who's paying for them, because if it's them it will be a first.
As far as I am awaire I have never been charged for someone ringing me.

If I was to pick the phone up and it started ringing, or like the one I just had 'please hold the line whilst we connect you' then its an instant hang up.

It is good fun though.
Old 20-01-2007, 12:04   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
thats one way of doing it I suppose!! but i went on the TPS... http://www.tpsonline.org.uk and have no call whats so ever, so it does work, but if I do get one i think ill try what you done,I could make a brew while they yappin!
This shouldn't work for india 'cause its international so BT or anyone else cant do a thing.

I t
alk to the mobile phone ones often, 45mins was longest.. 45mins and from the very start I was saying "I dont want a mobile phone i already have one" i never lead him on, I just never put the phone down.
Old 20-01-2007, 19:46   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Mobile Phone sales Calls from India

I get many such calls or rather I used to until I started to do this:
It goes something like this
Me “Hello”
They “Can I speak to Mr Buckley?”
Me “Who’s speaking?” That’s to get them to say what they are selling without actually admitting that they are speaking to the person they asked for.
They “Blah, blah, blah etc”
Me now sounding like an automated responder. “If you press one you will hear a polite refusal. I you press two you will get a very rude refusal. You have pressed two” and I let rip with some of the choicest language I can think of.

I don’t get many calls these days. Do you think that it’s something I said?
Old 20-01-2007, 20:42   #13

The majority of sales calls I get are automated. There's always a little pause before the computer kicks in so you know it's coming and can hang up before they even get cracking. On those occasions when I do get a call from an actual sales person, I answer them in Italian. They are off the line very quickly.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..