Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2009, 11:50   #1
I am Banned

Mobile Phones

Checked my mobile last night for battery level, and its come up with a message NO SERVICE.

Its an Asda mobile, could it in any way be linked to yesterdays disaster at Asda. Whose network are they on, their own, or joint with some other networtk.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2009, 12:31   #2
God Member

Re: Mobile Phones

asda use teh vodafone network so not really surprising your getting no service they suck

voda phone are so bad that if you ring they probably will actually blame teh roof faling in at accy asda lol

tesco use o2 network btw if yo were thinking of switching to another supermarket brand

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 12:40   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
asda use teh vodafone network so not really surprising your getting no service they suck

voda phone are so bad that if you ring they probably will actually blame teh roof faling in at accy asda lol

tesco use o2 network btw if yo were thinking of switching to another supermarket brand
Thanks Accyman.
Can you just get the sim card without buying a new phone from Tesco.
Retlaw.
Old 28-06-2009, 12:57   #4
God Member

i dont know what phones they use but all phones can be unlocked for between £5- £10 if they need to be depending on what phone it is, some newer models take longer to be unlocked but eventually they do it

some phones arnt locked to a particualr network so stick a friends sim card in your phone to see if it works or not

ring up pc cellular if your local to accy and ask how much to unlock your phone or if your in town today go to teh fish market and tehres a stall nextto them that does phone parts and computer parts which is teh same guy and ask how much there

its not illigal to unlock your phone btw

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 14:09   #5
Senior Member+

Never had a problem with Vodaphone accyman, ALWAYS get signal and have ALWAYS helped me!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 15:58   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

Hi Accyman
Its sorted, daughter rang Asda, they are open,
she got angry with the asda girl, I'm not inetersted in sales patter, or how your phone works al I want is the number of the help line, do you have it or not.

Daughter hung up and said take the sim card out wipe clean and put it back.

The thing works ok now
Retlaw.
Old 28-06-2009, 18:20   #7
God Member

The network has nowt to do with teh actual supermarket.......

Voda are one of the better network providers. At work it is the only one that has signal at my desk. They aren't teh cheapest but do offer 'extras' that some don't. e.g. most networks don't let you tether your laptop to your phone and use it as a modem without charging you extra ( e.g. the shiny new iphone is a whopping extra 20 quid a month if you wat to use it as a modem for a laptop for a decent amount of data). Voda don't mind which is brill for me.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..