Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 20:37   #1

Mohammed Fadhil's View

Mohammed and Omar Fadhil, who live in Baghdad, have been blogging since the war began. Here's a quote from Mohammed's blog of November 10th, describing his take on the region as a whole.

"I would like to remind again that claiming that America's policies are the cause of anti-Americanism is crap, because the hatred is for the nature of the American democratic system which contrasts the nature of regimes here. That explains why there's rarely an opposition to China or Russia in the midde east and that's because neither has a system that threatens the totalitarian ideology of governance that prevail in the Arab world."

Read in full at www.iraqthemodel.com
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2006, 20:58   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Mohammed Fadhil's View

Very interesting link.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 21:35   #3
Give, give, give member

The thought's of another Iraqi blogger, who is based in Washington.

'At the same time that millions of Iraqis were and are still being killed, injured, and displaced because of the U.S. interventions, at the same time that the Iraqi social fabric is being destroyed and turned into fragments, at the same time that Iraq as a state is being “wiped off the map” and cut apart, at the same time that everyday in Iraq is worse than the day before, and at the same time that tens of thousand of U.S. solders are being killed, injured, and traumatized for the rest of their lives and trillions of the U.S. taxpayers money wasted, the one and only victory that the bush administration can claim is hanging the former dictator.'

Raed in the Middle

Tit for tat.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 21:45   #4

These two brothers actually do live in Baghdad, garinda. They report the good, the bad and the ugly. Members of their own family have been killed in this conflict. You are fond of criticizing "right wing" blogs and opinions - but I have yet to hear you fire a shot at the "left wing". Personally, I read all opinions and make up my own mind. I do not shoot from the hip. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......but not their own facts.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 21:48   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb
These two brothers actually do live in Baghdad, garinda. They report the good, the bad and the ugly. Members of their own family have been killed in this conflict. You are fond of criticizing "right wing" blogs and opinions - but I have yet to hear you fire a shot at the "left wing". Personally, I read all opinions and make up my own mind. I do not shoot from the hip. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......but not their own facts.
There are other Iraqi bloggers who live in Iraq who are very anti-American, but I dismissed those in favour of his. I just thought this one was interesting as he lived in America, and it offered a nice balance to your linked blog.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 23:26   #6
Resident Waffler

I saw a couple of things the other day and I wish now I'd noted the links - one was from a Sunni point of view and one was from a Sh'ite point of view. They made very interesting reading and just left me thinking that perhaps if they could only see things from the other side there would be an end to conflict.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 00:37   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
'At the same time that millions of Iraqis were and are still being killed, injured, and displaced because of the U.S. interventions,
Damd Yanks, Brits wouldn't do that.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 21:41   #8
Resting in peace

Keep us posted bullseyebarb, on this topic it's nice to read that some Iraqi's have a different opinion for a change, more so when they live there in these difficult times.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 21:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Damd Yanks, Brits wouldn't do that.
WE SHOULDN'T BE THERE ...

leave the damn yanks to it i say ....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..