Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2005, 19:50   #1
God Member

Mongolian Restaurant

I see there's a Mongolian Restaurant opened up at West End Ossy, has anyone been?
Anyone been to a Mongoloian Restaurant? I have just looked on the net and found a few menu's and it seems interesting, a bit different! seems like everything is served like a BBQ (comes from the tribesmen cooking on upturned shields) I thing you go to the food counter, make your meal up and pass it to the chef and he cooks it for you.
Check these out
here (excuse the music!) and here

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2005, 19:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Mongolian Restaurant

There's a place in Brighton called Genghis Khan's. We go there for meals when we can afford it. Basically it's how KSH described it - you choose your meat or fish, then the pasta/rice, then vegetables and spices and all sorts of other things, put in the stock then take it to the chefs who cook it for you.

If you don't like the concoction, you can bin it and start again.

I would recommend the one in Brighton, but seeing as its about 300 miles from most of you, I would give the new one a go!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 19:57   #3
God Member

I've been looking at a few places on the net, I will have to give this place a try. I have eaten at most nationality's so no harm in giving this a try. Some say you pay a set price and are allowed 3 visits to the BBQ others tend to be itemised prices. The one in Edinburgh seems Ok with its zebra yak and kangaroo :-)

www.ubuntu.com

Old 28-06-2005, 20:07   #4

we have had a flyer posted on the car windscreen for the mongolian restaurant whilst we were down on whitebirk estate the other week and both me and the other half would give it a go as we thought it was interesting
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:18   #5

Popped in to have a look last week. Looks really nice and it is as Vorlon says, pick the food then chef cooks it. Not a bad price either £11.95 for two courses. Shall have to give it a try.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:34   #6
Beacon of light

I have eaten Kangaroo and Emu in Oz......neither were to my taste.
The Kangaroo has to be really rare or it is tough as boots......the bit that I was served could have been started again with a good vet and an electric probe.......No, not for me.
Hubby tried Crocodile and said it was just like chicken....well, it would be because that is all they get fed on.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:35   #7
God Member

Where abouts is it?

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:39   #8
Senior Member+

The one in Brighton charges a set price and you can eat as much as you like.

Good if you have a healthy appetite!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:40   #9

It's where the Red Rose painters and decorators shop used to be on Blackburn Road, West End. Just up from the Hare and Hounds pub.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 20:44   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
It's where the Red Rose painters and decorators shop used to be on Blackburn Road, West End. Just up from the Hare and Hounds pub.
as above, Go past Hare and Hounds pub heading Blackburn way, you will then come to a zebra crossing (might be your meal!!!!!) turn right just before it and its there

www.ubuntu.com

Old 28-06-2005, 21:48   #11
Passed away 25-11-09

Good grief, when I was growing up in West End the most exotic food shop was the chippy.
Old 28-06-2005, 21:51   #12
Senior Member+

If they are as good as the ones I have used abroad then give it a go, brill spices and lovely tender meat. If its a real Mongolian it will have a big cooking table in the center and the Chef keeps flipping and turning your meal then picks it up with a sweeping motion and puts it in your bowl.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 22:34   #13
God Member

Glad you let us know about this KSH I love Mongolian although I steer away from the unusual meats call me boring eh! I for one will def be going in the near future, YUM

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 01:03   #14
land of hope and glory

what the ****e has happened to our good old english fish and chips , if there was one i would go, mongolian never had it but will take some hedgehog in tpo see how they do it.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 01:06   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
why is there two postings.?
Cus you had too much beer Stag double vision ??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..