Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Barrie Yates
  • 1 Post By Guinness
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2013, 05:41   #1

Monkey in Space

I am sure most of you have read or heard about the England managers statement during halftime of the England v Poland match in regards to a Monkey in Space. The fact he mentioned it infront of player who was black means some people have got on the band wagon and classed it as racist. How in the name of all that is nuts, can using the word monkey in a statement be classed as racist? Ya cannot breath in fear of offending someone somewhere incase it offends them. Why is that?
GJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2013, 07:42   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Monkey in Space

Oh, surely you don't want answers to this do you........? It is because of the PC brigade.....they think no-one has a sense of humour any more, and everyone is offended by everything....we should all walk around like those glum stick men in LS Lowry pictures. Grey and featureless...that is how they want us to be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 08:15   #3
Senior Member+

Who passed the information to the gutter Press?
Lucysgirl likes this.
Old 18-10-2013, 10:32   #4
Beacon of light

It wasn't me
I thought the joke was funny.
Old 18-10-2013, 10:51   #5
God Member

if it is indeed a player that has gone running to the papers that player should be stripped of his england caps and never allowed to play for this country again.

if you cant stomach the idea that the word monkey could be used infront of a brown or black person then the international forum is not a place you should be.

Saying that how typical is it that after England get some good and possitive results a news paper tries to slam their manager into teh ground and take all the good feeling away.

the sun broke this story so they shoudl be bouycoted as well.What a tretcherous rag that paper is.Anything before and after page 3 isnt worth much cop

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 18:34   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Once again, a whining leftist liberal has taken offence on behalf of the "Offended" & kicked up a fuss over something & nothing.
Old 18-10-2013, 19:37   #7
God Member

have you hear the utter crap that anti racism lawyer is pewing out trying to fule up even more racial issues..

i went to chester zoo and saw a monkey eating a banana

i suppose that would be racist too in this idiots book

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-10-2013, 21:35   #8

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
have you hear the utter crap that anti racism lawyer is pewing out trying to fule up even more racial issues..

i went to chester zoo and saw a monkey eating a banana

i suppose that would be racist too in this idiots book
Yup..it was unfair to Gorillas who went on to found the Gorilla Liberation Front (G.L.F).

They have been joined by the brown and black bears, fed up with those whitey polar bears being fed fresh fish whilst they only get leaves and shoots. Together they have formed the Animals Really Should Equally Have One Lunch Everyday Society (A.R.S.E.H.O.L.E.S)

The EU have sat for three days and a whole 6 MEP's have actually dragged themselves away from the free bar to censure accyman and imposed the following sanctions...

1. accyman should be gainfully employed ensuring that the banana has the required curve, texture and yellowness to be classed as a banana.

1a. codicil to 1..no inference to the skin colour of the chinese should be inferred by the word yellowness

1b. codicil to 1a.. 1a should in no way as be seen as inherent racism

1c. codicil to 1a and 1b.. withdrawal of 1a and 1 b and the word yellowness in the description of a banana

1d. the new sanction now reads as..accyman should be gainfully employed ensuring that the banana has the required curve, texture and either green, yellow or yellow with black spots...at this point the martians, chinese and ugandans quit the chamber

resolution not passed as the only 3 MEP's left in the chamber couldn't understand the question and didn't want to miss Jeremy Kyle

Levenson..who's he then?
Old 18-10-2013, 21:45   #9
Beacon of light

Codicil, codicil?..are they any good for a headache?
Old 18-10-2013, 21:53   #10

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Codicil, codicil?..are they any good for a headache?
Nope you're thinking of addendas.....24 for 75p at Tesco
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 19-10-2013, 09:33   #11
God Member

what goes now you see me now you dont

a white person crossing a zebra crossing

tell that joke the other way around and watch the crap hit the fan
maxthecollie likes this.

Old 19-10-2013, 10:14   #12
God Member

What would have happened had the monkey been an albino ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..