Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2004, 22:04   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: MOORHEAD Stabbing

It was THE best back in the olden days when I went. I was The High School for Girls back then.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2004, 22:21   #32
I am Banned

i go moorhead aswell
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:28   #33

Thumbs down Re: MOORHEAD Stabbing

When my son was at Moorhead, (!988 - 93) it was a really good school, my daughter went in 1993 and I had to take her out and send her elsewhere in 1997 due to her being bullied and the school not doing anything about it. I know they had a change of headmaster around 1999 and this was when most of the problems began.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:37   #34

The headmaster was Mr Bailey when I was there but I think he left when I was in the 4th or 5th year, we used to call him Robot Ralph, not sure who took over after that think it was Mrs Jones (very scary severe looking woman) but not 100% sure,

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:43   #35
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Aaah Mr Bailey. I'm sure he hadn't a clue how to communicate with children. Mrs Jones took over temporarily and the school ran like clockwork. She could be very stern, but also very nice. I think they should bring her out of retirement and re-instate her. Then came Mr Neville. Didn't see much of him as I was in my final couple of years. Me and Sparky remember being reprimanded by him for dossing too much and not working. It was a half arsed reprimand, he never really seemed to be able to command much respect.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:46   #36
Resident Waffler

The current head is Andrew Bateman - seems a bit woolly but means well.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:51   #37

Talking Re: MOORHEAD Stabbing

Do any of you remember Dale Dixon, Paul Hacking, Russell Edmonds, Wesley ?

All at Moorhead 1988-93 ish.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 16:05   #38
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

No sorry JB, I left in 1984, I think Fibi must have left in 1983.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 21:38   #39

Yes Lettie I left in 83...Could you imagine if Mrs Jones was to be taken out of retirement..the kids would s**t themselves...Don't remeber Mr Neville but I do remember Mr Marsden he was like the Head of the Queens building nice bloke but could give a severe bollocking when required.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
Old 15-12-2004, 23:49   #40
I am Band

I remember Mr Marsden could swing a cane very deftly. I remember one lad, the year above me & lettie, getting physically dragged into Mr marsdens office for a thrashing; he was squealing like a cornered pig. I think Yates was his surname.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2004, 07:23   #41

I know the guy you mean but I wont print his name, his favourite phrase used to be "it's over the chair for you my lad", those were the days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..