Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 14:09   #1
Resting in Peace

More important things than politic

Its often said there are fare more important things in life than politics, this week we heard of the sad death of the son of Tory leader David Cameron, now I've just been dealt a real blow which has knocked me for six. I've known for a while that my 21 month old grandson had a heart defect at birth, but the doctors seemed to think that it would mend itself as the little chap started to grow. My Daughter has just contacted me from Bangkok to tell me that the problem has not improved, but its worse and he will have to have heart surgery, John is not a very happy bunny at this moment in time, I just ask myself what has a 21 month old done to deserve that
Old 28-02-2009, 14:14   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: More important things than politic

very sorry to hear that mate, hope the little chap comes through it ok.
Old 28-02-2009, 14:16   #3
God Member

You're absolutely right John, there are many many things far more important than politics. I hope your grandson comes through this.

I was just chatting to Maddie on the way home from the shops about how lucky I was when she was born - she was born with a cracked skull (more cracked that it should normally be when a child is born). My two friends who were pregnant at the same time had sons, one who had cerebal palsy and has sadly died since and one who had a liver problem and still has to go and spend time in Birmingham children's hospital for a few days every few months.

Our children are precious and my heart goes out to everyone who's child is suffering.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:32   #4

John

You're absolutely right, my heart goes out to you and although it might not help your little man will be in my prayers, if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to contact me,
Lots of love, Clare
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:36   #5
God Member

John,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandson. You must be beside yourself wih worry. Will keep him and your family in my prayers, Bernie
Old 28-02-2009, 14:41   #6
God Member

Thats very sad news John. I hope the little lad improves.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:47   #7
Give, give, give member

As we said to each other this week via pm's, there are things much more important than the petty things people get so worked up about, health being at the top of that list.

I'm really very sorry to hear about your grandson, and pray he improves and goes on to have a rich and fulfilling life as his grandad.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:10   #8
Beacon of light

Jaysay, you are so right. We sometimes lose sight of the really important things in our lives......nothing is more important or valuable than the health of those that we love.
I hope your grandson receives the treatment that he needs to make him strong and well again.
I also hope that you can be strong for your daughter and your grandson, though it must be difficult being so very far away(you imagine all sorts of things happening don't you?)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:23   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

One of my Nephews was born with a hole in the heart, when he was about 6 months he had to go in for surgery, it was ground breaking work back then, he grew into a strapping young lad and is into his 40's with hardly a days illness.

Things have advanced even more since then I'm sure all will turn out well for your Grandson.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:30   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I just ask myself what has a 21 month old done to deserve that
Aah bless him Jaysay, he hasn't done anything, not all of us are born perfectly formed .. just nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Things have advanced even more since then I'm sure all will turn out well for your Grandson.

Yes, they have Less, and endorse what you say that, hopefully, will be an operation that turns out to be a simpler one now, as with your nephew.

Take care Jaysay ... xx
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:42   #11
God Member

Not the best news to get Jaysay. Hope the operation goes well and he grows up with no other problems. Modern science can work wonders today so all should be fine.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:47   #12
Resting in Peace

May I join with everyone else in wishing your Grandson a speedy recovery.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:55   #13
Senior Member+

aww, jaysay, i am sorry to hear that, hope your little chappy gets better soon

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 16:00   #14
Senior Member+

Am sorry to hear that Jaysay, dont know what else to say other than I hope the little one gets better soon x
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 16:03   #15
Senior Member+

I'm so sorry to hear that jaysay theres nothing worse. I lost my baby daughter in October, so i pray that your grandson gets better.

I'll be thinking of you and your family. x
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..