Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2008, 00:36   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

More Terrorists?

just read a report 2 men have been arrested on Nottingham University Campus one aged 22 other 30, under the terroism act, be very interesting to see what develops from this i reckon.
Old 16-05-2008, 00:57   #2
God Member

Re: More Terrorists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just read a report 2 men have been arrested on Nottingham University Campus one aged 22 other 30, under the terroism act, be very interesting to see what develops from this i reckon.
The Terrorism Act can be used to stop your typical protester, it doesn't just apply to the stereotype of a protester so it's probably nothing interesting. I like PETA best, they're the best type of terrorists.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 00:58   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
The Terrorism Act can be used to stop your typical protester, it doesn't just apply to the stereotype of a protester so it's probably nothing interesting. I like PETA best, they're the best type of terrorists.
How can you get a good terrorist
Old 16-05-2008, 01:32   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
How can you get a good terrorist
People who are using terror to make a point? If you agree in the cause strongly enough and it makes an impact, generally you will agree with the method in which it is done.

I personally object to PETA, as I dont object to animal testing and all that kind of thing, but I enjoy reading about them, so I guess in theory I am being manipulated by their methods because they are at least making me take notice!
Old 16-05-2008, 01:56   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
People who are using terror to make a point? If you agree in the cause strongly enough and it makes an impact, generally you will agree with the method in which it is done.

I personally object to PETA, as I dont object to animal testing and all that kind of thing, but I enjoy reading about them, so I guess in theory I am being manipulated by their methods because they are at least making me take notice!
Must be me again- but never agreed with TERROR or indeed any person involved -use the ballot box and dodge the incoming granades good luck and may your sacrificial thingy go with you
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 02:15   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Must be me again- but never agreed with TERROR or indeed any person involved -use the ballot box and dodge the incoming granades good luck and may your sacrificial thingy go with you
I don't quite understand what you just said other than I picked up on the voting thing, but lets face it, when do the government really completely represent your views? Even if you vote, you cant have everything... only way to change some things is via protests and other more radical methods. Without radical methods I wouldn't have a vote today, so even though I hate feminists, I can't knock em for their methods in the past...
Old 16-05-2008, 10:03   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't quite understand what you just said other than I picked up on the voting thing, but lets face it, when do the government really completely represent your views? Even if you vote, you cant have everything... only way to change some things is via protests and other more radical methods. Without radical methods I wouldn't have a vote today, so even though I hate feminists, I can't knock em for their methods in the past...
There is no excuse for any form of terrorism, It is always the innocent that suffer. The people who instigate terrorism are never hose who carry it our i. e. Bin Laden, they brain wash 8 year old little girls to be blown to bits for something they probably don't understand. Terrorist should all burn in hell
Old 16-05-2008, 10:06   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have checked ceefax again this morning (looking for n update) n the article has been removed? the plot thickens, see blazeys cast another pebble, i don't read it as she supports terrorism.
Old 17-05-2008, 13:26   #9
God Member

Quote:

i am a great admirer of PETA as well

People Eating Tasty Animals
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 23:13   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i am a great admirer of PETA as well

People Eating Tasty Animals
They are mainly against animal testing though, they aren't ALL vegetarians.

I am not supporting terrorism at all, I am just saying that there are people arrested and punished under this specific piece of legislation that aren't actually what the ordinary person would think of as a terrorist.
Old 17-05-2008, 23:29   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I like PETA best, they're the best type of terrorists.

MySpaceTV Videos: PETA Supports Terrorism by Steve

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 23:36   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Haha now that video is amazing.

The reason I say I like PETA as a terrorist organisation is that unlike your typical terrorist, say an islamic extremist, it is pretty easy for us to understand the REASONING behind PETA even if the method for achieving the aim still seems unreasonable.

They're doing what it takes to prove their point, and they aren't really fighting a BAD cause, just fighting it with bad methods, which end up making people actually HATE them rather than wanting to help them achieve their goals. That is why they're my favourite, because they are just so ironic.
Old 18-05-2008, 22:30   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

They're doing what it takes to prove their point, and they aren't really fighting a BAD cause, just fighting it with bad methods, which end up making people actually HATE them rather than wanting to help them achieve their goals. That is why they're my favourite, because they are just so ironic.
fail to grasp why anyone can have a favorite terrorist group. its no differant to someone having a favourite "Murderer", thin end of the wedge, strikes me as,
Old 18-05-2008, 22:43   #14

Quote:
fail to grasp why anyone can have a favorite terrorist group. its no differant to someone having a favourite "Murderer", thin end of the wedge, strikes me as,
Agree in full
Old 19-05-2008, 09:28   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It seems that we are always having to make allowances for blazey, its just a little bit scary the fact she wants to be a barrister, no doubt a defence barrister

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..